How does Samsung/verizon/Amazon warranty work?

lochmox

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my Galaxy s4 for Verizon through amazon on 2 year subsidized plan just like everyone else.

I am currently enrolled in 2gb for $ 30 per month plan and expected to carry out my contract until the next upgrade date is available.

I have not purchased 3rd party insurance or verizon/Asurion insurance at all.

So if my phone starts to malfunction, such as power/home/volume key not working correctly, Screen burns, or exploding battery, where should I call

and how should i deal with the issue?

And also, since I am on capped data plan, am I allow to use mobile hotspot for free?

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If it happens within a year you should be under warranty and as long as your phone is in good shape you should be able to get a replacement through Verizon. As for the tethering, yes you should be able to tether for free and it'll just use the data from your tiered plan.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
After the manufactures warranty runs out (one year I believe). You will be responsible to pay for any problems with the phone. Last June my Rezound that I had been using for 18 months, the bottom row of buttons stopped working. I was paying insurance, I walked into the Verizon store, they looked at the phone, and said you will have your replacement tomorrow. Sure enough, I had a refurbished phone show up the next day. If I had not payed the insurance I would have had to buy a new or used phone somewhere to continue my phone service.

I pay for Asurion because I have two teenagers on my plan and I don't want to have to buy new phones when they loose or break their smartphones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37