will being rooted cause any issues with upgrading to JB 4.3? I understand theres a risk of losing root. I have some applications "disabled" via google settings (not frozen by any third party apps....will I need to re-enable all of these?

I just want to be aware of what to expect/know before the update arrives.

Thanks
    10-28-2013 09:45 AM
    will being rooted cause any issues with upgrading to JB 4.3? I understand theres a risk of losing root. I have some applications "disabled" via google settings (not frozen by any third party apps....will I need to re-enable all of these?

Thanks
    Other things that can happen is the OTA will just not happen, I have also heard of some bricked devices due to root and accepting OTAs.
    10-28-2013 09:53 AM

Thanks
    Your best bet will be to hold off when the update does come out, then check back here and possibly over at XDA as well to see what issues folk are having...then go from there.
    10-28-2013 10:36 AM
    im well aware that waiting would be the best way to see what kind of symptoms people have.

my other question was....I have some apps that are temporarily disabled (through google app manager, not frozen from a third party app)........do i need to re-enable them?
    10-29-2013 08:33 AM
    im well aware that waiting would be the best way to see what kind of symptoms people have.

my other question was....I have some apps that are temporarily disabled (through google app manager, not frozen from a third party app)........do i need to re-enable them?
    PROBABLY not...but I'm not sure. Are these apps that could be disabled even without root? Either way, to re-enable them would probably be the safest way if you're installing an update OTA, but I honestly don't know if it matters or not.
    10-29-2013 08:45 AM
    I used Verizon repair assistant. Took the phone back to completely stock status on MI1. . no Knox trigger, no Samsung custom padlock screen. Then OTA to 4.3.
    10-29-2013 11:53 AM
    I used Verizon repair assistant. Took the phone back to completely stock status on MI1. . no Knox trigger, no Samsung custom padlock screen. Then OTA to 4.3.
    This will work fine in many cases, but you have now lost root. There are still many unanswered questions though...

1. Were you just rooted, or did you have custom recovery installed as well (MDK)?

2. Once upgraded to MJ7, are you able to re-root your phone using existing methods?

I'm not suggesting that *you* have to answer these questions, but for many us (especially those still on MDK with a custom recovery installed), it's not really worth doing anything until there's more info available.
    10-29-2013 01:02 PM
    Rooted with Safestrap installed. I manually removed Safestrap and tried to clean up as much as possible prior to repair assistant. No, haven't tried to regain root yet.
    10-29-2013 01:13 PM
    please let us know your results if you try to re-root
    10-29-2013 01:48 PM
    please let us know your results if you try to re-root
    There is a method to go to 4.3 and keep root if you are on ME7 or MI1.
    It will not work if you already upgraded.

[ROOT] How to update to VRUEMJ7 and Keep Root - xda-developers
    10-30-2013 04:02 PM

thank you! i did the upgrade this morning, kept root
    11-01-2013 11:54 AM
    thank you! i did the upgrade this morning, kept root

I'm waiting until a regular root method exists.
    I can't afford to move to 4.3 and have something happen and then have a phone with no root.
    I'm a realist. Something will happen and I'll need recovery with KIES or something and there goes root.
    11-01-2013 12:03 PM

Worked. Jellybean AND still have root. Thanks!
    11-04-2013 11:40 PM
    I'm waiting until a regular root method exists.
    I can't afford to move to 4.3 and have something happen and then have a phone with no root.
    I'm a realist. Something will happen and I'll need recovery with KIES or something and there goes root.
    this is completely understandable, i was in the same boat as you and decided to bite the bullet after i read a good amount of success stories. it worked well for me.

Question: my phone now says "custom" when I boot up. If I ever need to bring the phone back to Verizon, how do I get rid of that? ODIN back to stock 4.3?
    11-14-2013 09:00 AM