02-04-2014 06:29 PM
156 ... 4567
tools
    no dice keeps spinning then get the subscribe thing click home but no icon on top tried it several times hit the stay insecure not the pro still nothing
    i wish i read this before i did the update now i lost tethering
    11-01-2013 11:45 AM
    Finally updated my S4 using the computer today. The software update on the phone did not work.
    Relletti likes this.
    11-01-2013 10:14 PM
    Finally updated my S4 using the computer today. The software update on the phone did not work.
    How did ya do that?
    11-02-2013 12:10 PM
    How do you perform a backup and reset on the S4? Do you have to completely set your phone up from scratch after?
    11-02-2013 12:23 PM
    Anyone find a solution for the annoying WiFi security notice? I tried disabling the Knox services, but it didn't help. This message keeps popping up no matter what I do:

Security Notice

An attempt to access a secure area on your phone without authorization has been blocked.

Make sure your phone is protected by updating the security policy to the latest version from Samsung.

For more information, visit samsung.com/us/secureandroid
    11-02-2013 04:41 PM
    Anyone find a solution for the annoying WiFi security notice? I tried disabling the Knox services, but it didn't help. This message keeps popping up no matter what I do:

Security Notice

An attempt to access a secure area on your phone without authorization has been blocked.

Make sure your phone is protected by updating the security policy to the latest version from Samsung.

For more information, visit samsung.com/us/secureandroid
    This worked for me and apparently for many others - clear the Knox Notification Manager app's data. That should keep the notification from showing until the next time you reboot the phone, then you'll need to do it again.
    11-02-2013 06:32 PM
    How did ya do that?
    Download the Vzw software assistant software from your phone when you plug it in through the USB port. It should be under Verizon mobile when you look into the computer folder.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
    11-02-2013 10:08 PM
    I'm so happy that they added blocking mode!

11-02-2013 10:58 PM
    i updated my samsung galaxy s4 to jelly bean 4.3..after upsating i dint get new wall papers, samsung wallet,camera dint change..only keyboard has changed..please kindly help me wat should i do get complete 4.3 jelly bean..thanks in advance
    11-06-2013 10:27 AM
    Anyone having an issue with Vibrate mode. I'm at work and like to keep the phone silent, but everytime someone texts me it the sound is back on.
    11-06-2013 12:18 PM
    When I go to text someone when I type the name their name does not come up.....

Posted via Android Central App
    11-06-2013 04:02 PM
    I'm at 50% with a little over 7 hours of use.
    Thought I was doing something wrong (sorry, newbie here), but I did notice that my battery was being drained a lot faster after the update that it was before. Have already rebooted. What does "battery pull" mean? As in take the battery out and then put it back in????
    11-07-2013 02:49 AM
    I don't have that folder on my phone...
    11-07-2013 05:16 AM
    Thought I was doing something wrong (sorry, newbie here), but I did notice that my battery was being drained a lot faster after the update that it was before. Have already rebooted. What does "battery pull" mean? As in take the battery out and then put it back in????
    Yup

Posted via Android Central App
    11-08-2013 11:27 AM
    From all the troubles I am seeing folk having, I am glad I have been putting off the update.
    I see no benefit from updating to 4.3 at this time.
    11-10-2013 04:03 PM
    Download the Vzw software assistant software from your phone when you plug it in through the USB port. It should be under Verizon mobile when you look into the computer folder.
    Tried this again and it automatically installed on my computer. The phone then updated to 4.3 but after about 5 minutes of watching it load everything on my pages it re-booted itself and said update failed. I went into settings and it shows I'm on 4.3 and when I try to check updates it says my phone is up to date. Go figure....
    11-12-2013 02:48 AM
    So the phone is updated to 4.3?

Sent from a Unknown Galaxy
    11-24-2013 07:39 PM
    How do you download the VZW software assistant? When I plug my phone in via USB, I then browse to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\VERIZON\Bootstrap\VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant.exe, and it doesn't seem to run or do anything. I only get "software update is temporarily unavailable" when I try via OTA since 9/27!

Thanks.
    12-18-2013 09:35 AM
    How do you download the VZW software assistant? When I plug my phone in via USB, I then browse to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\VERIZON\Bootstrap\VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant.exe, and it doesn't seem to run or do anything. I only get "software update is temporarily unavailable" when I try via OTA since 9/27!

Thanks.
    Take a look here http://websupport.verizonwireless.co...se.html/80195/
    12-18-2013 10:53 AM
    Me too, hoping 4.4 is going to be a lot better, Kinda a PIA every morning deferring the update. At least we don't have all the reportable problems that everyone else has had.
    12-19-2013 10:24 PM
    Has anyone had an issue after updating to 4.3 of their micro SD card not being recognized? Up until, Friday night I could see everrything on my card then poof.... I out it in my old Razr and it said the card had "0 GB" same in my computer......
    12-23-2013 05:29 PM
    Is anybody receiving a new update from Verizon? I've already updated to 4.3 and I know full well this isn't a kit kat update lol.

12-27-2013 04:45 PM
    Is anybody receiving a new update from Verizon? I've already updated to 4.3 and I know full well this isn't a kit kat update lol.

There was a relatively minor Verizon update they started pushing in early or mid December. It updates firmware to MK2.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-28-2013 01:42 PM
    Fusion Voicemail Plus For Android was previewed at Under the Radar this past week. Everyone here at PhoneFusion is very excited and can't wait to get the final release to you. Also, selfishly, I get to play with the G1 and do a demo video on the FVM Plus app. I will have this video up by the end of next week. Remember that this current version is beta and the final(and pretty) release will be out by the end of Q4. If you have any feedback at all, feel free to contact us at support@phonefusion.com.

P.S.

Hey, Dieter. If you would, kindly, review the app, I will stop sending you mocking SPAM tweets when you complain about SPAM.
    Thanks for the reply. Do you think it's OK to update to it? I'm thinking about jailbreaking my phone soon and I heard Verizon was pushing out a update to stop that.

12-28-2013 01:48 PM
    - Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)

everywhere I look says this is what's new in 4.3... but I can't find the Flashlight Widget anywhere!
    01-22-2014 05:48 PM
156 ... 4567