Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 is here!!!!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: 4.3 is here!!!!

I just downloaded and installed. I'm stuck in a bootloop now and my phone is broken. I've gotta try to get this thing working. I'd be careful for now. I read of one other person who had this issue on DroidLife.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

I just downloaded and installed. I'm stuck in a bootloop now and my phone is broken. I've gotta try to get this thing working. I'd be careful for now. I read of one other person who had this issue on DroidLife.

I'm good with the download... I'm just trying to figure out how to get my gear working with it right about now.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm good with the download... I'm just trying to figure out how to get my gear working with it right about now.

I don't know what is going on with mine. It's all kinds of crazy. Looks like I'll have to try to boot into recovery and wipe it that way. Damn...

warrenf

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Mine is downloading too.

Update: upgraded 2 S4s to 4.3. Only hitch was Google maps update that I had to try twice, maybe from traffic on the play store.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

dlwicksell

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

There are a lot of changes. The WiFi persistent notification is gone, blocking mode is there, and it added toggles such as reading mode and blocking mode.

So far this update is fantastic!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

lochmox

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Just updated my galaxy s4 and everything seems to be faster and smoother. But foe some reason the update resets keyboard setting but no biggie. Haven't tested battery life yet but this update definitely brings lots of positivity

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

So I had posted this query already and was suggested to wait indeed if the download even showed... so, woke and there's the 4.3 update awaiting to be given the go to download!
I hesitate as am in LONDON and am totally blown that I GOTthe update notice as obviously roaming on the vodafone network here instead of VZW!
Any suggestions re updating here in the UK would be embraced. Peace

Posted via Android Central App

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

I got the 4..3 update last night on my Galaxy S4 (Verizon). Everything is great except for one problem.... In developer options I like to set my animation modes to 0. But after I use the camera, the transition animation mode goes back to the default of 1. Is there a known fix? Thanks.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I'm actually shocked... Verizon was one of the FIRST US carriers to get this update!!!

I tried once the middle of the day yesterday and did not read anything on AC last night... too much fun watching MNF last night. Downloaded it a few minutes ago, and it's just booting up right now... no issues... of course I'm not rooted, or have anything special on my device except Nova launcher, which works great for me and is still working great after this update.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded and installed very quickly. Don't see any changes except Call Block being back. :D I am having two problems though.
1. Whenever I restart my phone, the Music App loads and puts a song on pause. Annoying.
2. In Play Store I cannot get to My Apps so that I can update manually. This is a real problem.

Anyone with these problems or fixes. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki