Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 is here!!!!

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: 4.3 is here!!!!

Anyone seeing issues getting the Samsung app store app loaded? I can download it hit install but nothing. Also curious if anyone with the Gear has tested it out yet? Any issues getting the gear manager?

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Anyone seeing issues getting the Samsung app store app loaded? I can download it hit install but nothing. Also curious if anyone with the Gear has tested it out yet? Any issues getting the gear manager?

My gear is working perfectly. Same as it did with the note 3.

Awaxhall

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Curious. I've owned the galaxy s4 since it came out on Verizon and updated to the latest software today. A silver shield appeared in the notification area and when you touch it a warning appears:

Security Notice

An attempt to access a secure area on your phone without authorization has been blocked.

Make sure your phone is protected by updating the security policy to the latest version from Samsung.

For more information, visit samsung.com/us/secureandroid

I have never seen this before, so I am unsure if it is related to the update or not.

Chris Shooltz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Curious. I've owned the galaxy s4 since it came out on Verizon and updated to the latest software today. A silver shield appeared in the notification area and when you touch it a warning appears:

Security Notice

An attempt to access a secure area on your phone without authorization has been blocked.

Make sure your phone is protected by updating the security policy to the latest version from Samsung.

For more information, visit samsung.com/us/secureandroid

I have never seen this before, so I am unsure if it is related to the update or not.

Can turn of the knox notification service to stop seeing these messages. I've only gotten those since the update and only when turning on WiFi.

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

My gear is working perfectly. Same as it did with the note 3.

U need to pair it with watch first. Same as with the note.

So I take it when you paired it via NFC and the charging cradle it downloaded Gear automatically? I know the Gear service is listed in the Apps Manager but didn't see the actual app. I don't have my Gear yet but I was going to load Gear Manager from the Samsung App store but still can't get that apk to install.

BKKunz

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

How is the stock keyboard? Did it receive auto?correct or any special features?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Awaxhall

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Can turn of the knox notification service to stop seeing these messages. I've only gotten those since the update and only when turning on WiFi.

Interesting. How can I tell what is attempting to access a secure area without authorization? Is there a log?

Should I update the policy?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Still hoping to hear back from anyone that tethering on unlimited still works.

As it stands now - I hit my tethering app - get the subscription popup notice - hit home button to clear it and tethering continues to work.

Anyone able to test if that still works on 4.3? Thanks!

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Final Beat the DeLa Root and got the update

Hey people if have the galaxy s4 for verizon and you used the De La Root method please be aware I believe there is still bugs in the root method that will prevent you from updating or getting rid of that stupid unlock boot screen. If you are have issues all you have to do is

!.) unroot and get rid of superuser
2.)Factory reset
3.)Please use the verizon assistant application
4.) Repair Assistand will fix whatever issue that there is on the phone.
5.) once you are finished take care of your setting in your phone then update will work

Please follow these steps as they are written. I searched over a hundred websites looking for a stock rom recovery and there is not one yet for verizon. This is the best way to fix ;your phone the method I just put up. Please if you have questions I will be more then happy to answer them.

Awaxhall

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Final Beat the DeLa Root and got the update

Ok, so the security notice comes up each time I connect to a different wifi network. lol

If I walk from one building to another ... security notice. I did upgrade the profile and it said I had the latest. Any way to mute the notifications?

prodigy1814

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Final Beat the DeLa Root and got the update

Ok, so the security notice comes up each time I connect to a different wifi network. lol

If I walk from one building to another ... security notice. I did upgrade the profile and it said I had the latest. Any way to mute the notifications?

You say walking from building to building. Same network, just different routers? That is really annoying!! I wonder if it has something to do with Knox.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

So I take it when you paired it via NFC and the charging cradle it downloaded Gear automatically? I know the Gear service is listed in the Apps Manager but didn't see the actual app. I don't have my Gear yet but I was going to load Gear Manager from the Samsung App store but still can't get that apk to install.

I'm assuming it's thru the watch because It doesn't appear until it syncs with the Gear. There is a app on my phone called gear manager, but I'm not sure if it was there before I paired it with my watch. Either way it works well with the S4 and I know u will be happy.