Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 is here!!!!

nvoll84

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: 4.3 is here!!!!

I'm not sure if this came with the 4.3 update or not but I figured I'd share it. When you're in settings and hit the menu button you have the option to go into list view which is similar to stock android. No more annoying tabs and having to guess where settings are. Again sorry if this was found prior to update. I couldn't find any mention of it on another forum.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

I have not updated yet, but am able to switch to list view. Thanks for the tip.

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

Is there anyway to push it through? It says unavailable; (

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site

I just got the shield notification for the first time. This is after the 4.3 update, but no other installs. It also occurred over an hour after I got home, turned on my wifi, and connected to my home network, so it may not necessarily be linked directly to wifi state. To be fair though, I live in an apartment, with lots of password-protected wifi networks, so it is a possibility that they may have caused it. Plus, my home network is already known. I've not updated the security policy as prompted to by the phone, nor have I installed Knox from the shortcut that showed up in apps. Figure I'll go ahead and do it to see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: Just turned wifi on and off, and got the notification... That's annoying as hell....

tabs31

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Battery drain is horrendous even after multiple reboots and a battery pull. Anyone else having this issue?

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Battery drain is horrendous even after multiple reboots and a battery pull. Anyone else having this issue?

my battery life seems to have gotten worse as well, although I have not had a full charge cycle yet with the update. I'll see tomorrow if it is actually worse.

SevereDeceit

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I always reboot my device a few times after a software update. I have noticed quite a few people saying that certain applications were not working after they updated to 4.3, but once they rebooted they were working fine. So I recommend a battery pull or reboot after you update.

jreilly37

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Update went well but I hate the new voice in S-Voice. I also can't seem to find where to set my hands free to turn on when my phone pairs with my car.

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

I am an unlimited data Verizon user and I'm considering getting the S4 because of free wireless tethering ability with Foxfi (or others) without root. I know it works cause I tested it on a demo model at a retail location. Any Verizon users out there that updated to 4.3 having difficulties with Foxfi or PDAnet+ wireless thether? Also 16 GB or for $50 more get the 32 GB? I'm not a big gamer, but do play a few. Thanks!

Wirelesskaos

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site

Got it Tonight. Had to check for updates but it was there for the taking.
All is well so Far.
For once I can say thanks to "Big Red" for being at the front of the pack!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781