Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 is here!!!!

spudland

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: 4.3 is here!!!!

Download the Vzw software assistant software from your phone when you plug it in through the USB port. It should be under Verizon mobile when you look into the computer folder.
Tried this again and it automatically installed on my computer. The phone then updated to 4.3 but after about 5 minutes of watching it load everything on my pages it re-booted itself and said update failed. I went into settings and it shows I'm on 4.3 and when I try to check updates it says my phone is up to date. Go figure....
Sent from a Galaxy far far away

mfassler

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

How do you download the VZW software assistant? When I plug my phone in via USB, I then browse to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\VERIZON\Bootstrap\VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant.exe, and it doesn't seem to run or do anything. I only get "software update is temporarily unavailable" when I try via OTA since 9/27!

Thanks.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

480volts

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Me too, hoping 4.4 is going to be a lot better, Kinda a PIA every morning deferring the update. At least we don't have all the reportable problems that everyone else has had.

mansetrspam

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone had an issue after updating to 4.3 of their micro SD card not being recognized? Up until, Friday night I could see everrything on my card then poof.... I out it in my old Razr and it said the card had "0 GB" same in my computer......

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Is anybody receiving a new update from Verizon? I've already updated to 4.3 and I know full well this isn't a kit kat update lol.

Sent from a Unknown Galaxy

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Is anybody receiving a new update from Verizon? I've already updated to 4.3 and I know full well this isn't a kit kat update lol.

There was a relatively minor Verizon update they started pushing in early or mid December. It updates firmware to MK2.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Fusion Voicemail Plus For Android was previewed at Under the Radar this past week. Everyone here at PhoneFusion is very excited and can't wait to get the final release to you. Also, selfishly, I get to play with the G1 and do a demo video on the FVM Plus app. I will have this video up by the end of next week. Remember that this current version is beta and the final(and pretty) release will be out by the end of Q4. If you have any feedback at all, feel free to contact us at support@phonefusion.com.

P.S.

Hey, Dieter. If you would, kindly, review the app, I will stop sending you mocking SPAM tweets when you complain about SPAM.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think it's OK to update to it? I'm thinking about jailbreaking my phone soon and I heard Verizon was pushing out a update to stop that.

dimm0k

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)

everywhere I look says this is what's new in 4.3... but I can't find the Flashlight Widget anywhere!

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

From all the troubles I am seeing folk having, I am glad I have been putting off the update.
I see no benefit from updating to 4.3 at this time.
I'm with you... I have to defer the update everyday, but who cares? Better than all the headaches users are having.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I'm with you... I have to defer the update everyday, but who cares? Better than all the headaches users are having.
For me - other than folders staying open - and some notifications not unlocking the phone when clicked from the lock screen I've been very happy with the update.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

For me - other than folders staying open - and some notifications not unlocking the phone when clicked from the lock screen I've been very happy with the update.

I haven't had any real issues either. It's weird how some phones, even on the same carrier, have various issues and others do not.

peaceguy709

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

I upgraded to 4.3 but now my contacts will not load to my 2013 Hyundai Sonata. Everything else works fine, just no contacts even 'though my phone asks if I want to load them when I pair with the car (I say "yes). When I look at "contacts" on the car after waiting a minute until it lights up I get "No phonebook entry". Hyundai is stumped and Verizon tried deleting the facebook account and re-pairing but no change. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678