Verizon Galaxy S4 - Security Notice After Update to 4.3

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Fatboy97: When I tried going through the settings and application manager and force closing the 3 Knox programs the security policy warning came back.

I don't think you need to do all three... just wait for it come up in your tray, then long press the notification, you will see the "App Info" appear and you can click on that one, then use the Force Close for that one app... I don't remember specifically which app it opens. This should last until the next time your device is rebooted. I just came back from lunch with my device and have Wifi at work... no annoying notification for me. I'm guess I could really go for a few weeks without rebooting... I'll just use the Task Manager to occasionally clear memory and close all app running.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you need to do all three... just wait for it come up in your tray, then long press the notification, you will see the "App Info" appear and you can click on that one, then use the Force Close for that one app... I don't remember specifically which app it opens. This should last until the next time your device is rebooted. I just came back from lunch with my device and have Wifi at work... no annoying notification for me. I'm guess I could really go for a few weeks without rebooting... I'll just use the Task Manager to occasionally clear memory and close all app running.
This interim fix works pretty well; it's certainly easier than a factory reset and only needs to be done when the phone is rebooted, which for most people is probably not that often. For anyone who wants to access it using Application Manager, the app is Knox Notification Manager. I think just deleting the app data works as well, you don't necessarily need to force close the app.

MiDoJo

May 19, 2013
Visit site
It also seems to occur for me on Pattern Lock Change for Secure settings. Any one else?
Also won't a factory reset remove the root which currently can only occur via MI1 and not once updated MJ7

dholmes2004

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I cleared my phone's cache partition (boot in recovery mode) and it worked for about 1 day before the error came back. I'm not sure why it took a while for the error to return, I thought I had a quick fix :( I guess I will keep force closing the warning when it pops up after starting my phone.

MiDoJo

May 19, 2013
Visit site
For those only experiencing the warning and no bad effects (unlike me) freezing via titanium backup removed the warning (freeze all knox listings)

markkelley

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine just stopped doing it on it's own. Haven't seen it for 2 days now. Even after re-booting the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TheTrueOne

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I seemed to fix my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 without doing a factory reset. What I did was when the silver shield came up in the notification area again, I went into Settings→More→Security, from there I scrolled down to Security Policy Updates→selected Check for updates. I then got another Silver shield icon with a arrow in it, I pulled down the notification bar and selected that one and it ask to complete update and I selected it to, and it completed successfully. I then opened the other silver shield icon that was giving me the message ("An attempt to access a secure area on your phone without autorization has been blocked") and clicked canceled then I restarted my phone afterwards and haven't received the message since last Wed evening when I did this.

Maybe this will work for someone else!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I seemed to fix my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 without doing a factory reset. What I did was when the silver shield came up in the notification area again, I went into Settings→More→Security, from there I scrolled down to Security Policy Updates→selected Check for updates. I then got another Silver shield icon with a arrow in it, I pulled down the notification bar and selected that one and it ask to complete update and I selected it to, and it completed successfully. I then opened the other silver shield icon that was giving me the message ("An attempt to access a secure area on your phone without autorization has been blocked") and clicked canceled then I restarted my phone afterwards and haven't received the message since last Wed evening when I did this.

Maybe this will work for someone else!

This worked for me... I did this and have not seen a notification in a couple days... including doing a couple reboots just to test it out.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I did the ota and immediately factory reset the phone. I was having a few other unrelated issues in addition to the security notification after this, so reset it again. I can confirm that factory resetting did not fix the security issue. I was getting the notification at least eery half hour while connected to WiFi in my home.... Until yesterday. Haven't seen one since yesterday but I am not hopeful. I've called Samsung on 10/30 and they say they have pushed through an update, but I have yet to see it. I will try the above if/when the notification returns.

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
I did the ota and immediately factory reset the phone. I was having a few other unrelated issues in addition to the security notification after this, so reset it again. I can confirm that factory resetting did not fix the security issue. I was getting the notification at least eery half hour while connected to WiFi in my home.... Until yesterday. Haven't seen one since yesterday but I am not hopeful. I've called Samsung on 10/30 and they say they have pushed through an update, but I have yet to see it. I will try the above if/when the notification returns.

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk

It maybe a background update, not one you have to manually download. Anyone have ther version number of knox from when they were having the issue?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I also have noticed that the security warning has stopped for the past 2 days. Another thing I had after the 4.3 update and factory reset was that WiFi would turn on when ever I powered off/on the phone but now that has stopped for the past 2 days too. Hope it lasts.

Kdroid

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Right after getting the security info there was a link withiin the info to update the Samsung Knox security. After doing the update the security pop-up no longer seems to happen. This corrected itself :eek:

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
After accepting one of the prompts to update to the latest security policy from the shield notification, I've noticed that the shield no longer appears when the phone is within range of both known and unknown WiFi signals.

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The good thing about updating the app is that it doesn't have to go through carrier approval process. :thumbup::cool:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae