Does tethering with unlimited data still work on 4.3?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It works. I'm rooted an bootloader unlock with MDK, and I'll never get rid of it. But my wife's is a work phone. MJ7 build. Unrooted..fully stock. Free Foxfi app works. I tested it. Like others said, you MUST install the security certificate for it to work, and this MAKES you use a lockscreen pin or pattern. I have not tried any of the screen unlock tricks. Honestly, we all SHOULD use a screen unlock for security. Me I use one, and I use automateit app to bypass the lockscreen when connected to my home wifi. Best of both worlds. Lockscreen security away from home, no annoying screen lock when I'm at home.

As soon as an MJ7 rooted stock Rom is out, I will use that rom and test FOX Fi fully.

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy, one says yes one says no. not very helpful

Anybody with a non-rooted phone that they updated to 4.3 get foxfi to work?

I also have the paid version of FoxFi and it is working for me after the upgrade to 4.3. I am not rooted. Good luck.

bobbod77

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I Accidently hit the update button, while trying to open a text.

Luckily though Foxfi does indeed work on my unrooted s4 with 4.3
I already had the lock screen certificate thing already from a phone update a few months back.
Just opened foxfi and started it and it worked no problem, didnt have to hit home button or anything else. It just thankfully worked

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone pay for foxfi for uninterrupted usage? After how much data usage does foxfi cut you off before closing and restarting app? Thanks in advance...

bobbod77

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Dont think there is a cutoff thats why you pay for the app.

Ive used it for 3-4 hours at a time playing ps3 online and never had to restart foxfi

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I meant the free version cuts you off and you have to close and reopen app to start tether again. So is it just best to pay for the app or is free worthy? I didn't communicate that clearly... :-[

Motosport3

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know the name of the certificate so I can check if it is loaded on my GS3?

I had 4.1.2 working with FoxFi 1.95.4. Stock ATT and it was fine. Since upgrading to 4.3 I'm getting the behavior of it checking w/ ATT everytime hotspot is enabled.

I installed Foxfi 2.13.1 and it still does not work. I have both Foxfi versions on the phone now and no go. USB tethering does work. I have the full version of FoxFi.

If anyone can let me know how to get hotspot working again it would be greatly appreciated.

George West1

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I am gaving the same problem...what certificate..what hash. I am on sam gal 3 ..fullversion of fixfi key... i have uninstalled fox fi and reinstalled..never get prompted for cert. Same error verizon ... i have added lock screen as well....heeeeeeeelp i need foxfi