I updated to 4.3 and the battery life has been horrible! At noon I'm sitting on 50% with about the same usage as before. It would usually be at 70-75% at the same time. Wondering if anyone else is having the same issues?

S4 running 4.3
    10-31-2013 03:28 PM
    I was at 80% about 30 minutes after I unplugged it after a full recharge and it was sitting idle with display off (4G on, BT on, Wifi off). It also used to always charge when I plugged it in my car while Waze was on but now with it plugged it still drains. Something in the new update must be running buckwild in the background. I haven't rooted my phone but I think I might root it just to shut everything down that I am not using.
    10-31-2013 03:48 PM
    Thats odd. For me the battery time is much improved. Have you thought about a factory reset? My last phone S3 needed that after a recent update.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    10-31-2013 10:21 PM
    I updated mine last night and noticed the battery draining a lot faster too. I've done a factory reset/wipe, but it made no difference. :-(

Before the update I could get around 9 hours, using the phone for internet, calls and texts. Now it's down to 94% after just 5 minutes and draining quickly.
    11-03-2013 07:28 AM
    This seems to be an issue for some people and not others. I'd suggest digging a little deeper into exactly what's draining the battery to see how it can be fixed. I noticed what I think are actually battery-saving measures in some of the Google apps/services as a result of the update, so I'm not sure why some people would experience increased battery drain. I'm assuming it relates to the specific configuration/usage/installed apps on those users' phones.
    11-03-2013 01:54 PM
    Using the same apps as before. Same, maybe slightly less usage than before. I really don't understand why it's draining faster. Looking at the battery stats, display is up to 78%,whereas before it was around the 50 odd % mark. Brightness turned down and like I said, using it the same or even less than before this update. All other apps are well below 10% battery usage (according to the battery graph/stats page.)
    11-03-2013 02:27 PM
    Using the same apps as before. Same, maybe slightly less usage than before. I really don't understand why it's draining faster. Looking at the battery stats, display is up to 78%,whereas before it was around the 50 odd % mark. Brightness turned down and like I said, using it the same or even less than before this update. All other apps are well below 10% battery usage (according to the battery graph/stats page.)
    How many hours of screen time are you getting?
    11-03-2013 05:05 PM
    Looking at it now, it's probably fine. I guess I'd never taken much notice of battery use before, but reading many posts about battery drainage, it made me take notice.

10 hours and 21 mins and it's at 28%

Mind you, I haven't used the phone heavily for the likes of videos, games or music. It's just been Facebook, email and web browsing and 1 15 minute phone call. :-)
    11-03-2013 05:29 PM
    Looking at it now, it's probably fine. I guess I'd never taken much notice of battery use before, but reading many posts about battery drainage, it made me take notice.

10 hours and 21 mins and it's at 28%

Mind you, I haven't used the phone heavily for the likes of videos, games or music. It's just been Facebook, email and web browsing and 1 15 minute phone call. :-)
    Mine drained faster than usual the first 36 hours after the update was installed. Now after a couple of recharging cycles, reboots, and a battery pull, he battery is lasting slightly longer than pre-update.
    11-03-2013 06:54 PM
    I have noticed the same thing with the battery drain.... But one thing I have noticed is that it gets really hot and everything battery drain till about 80% then its fine? Improved battery life after that. Anyone notice that? It might be from the multiple restarts or I took the battery out for a bit put it back in. Test it tomorrow
    11-03-2013 08:33 PM
    Same here, draining fast after update. Used to last 2 days, now down to one. Did a hard reset but didn't help. It may be the added TRIM support which empties memory cells in the background...in which case it should go back to normal when finished...
    11-04-2013 09:59 AM
    day 3...so far today seems pretty good. 3 hrs...only down to 93%? Fixed itself?
    11-04-2013 10:52 AM
    I had same problem. sorted last night by removing the SD card. i have a 32GB S3 and i had another 32 GB sdcard inserted (for offline navigation maps). Since i remove the card last night the battery usage dropped significantly, from 13-15% per hour before to 1-2% per hour now.
    I recon is the indexing for the card that takes long time to complete and eat battery at higher rate.That explains why, for some users, the battery drain stops after couple of days....
    Now I've formatted the SD Card and re-installed the maps data on it, battery ussage still 1-2% an hour (which for my phone is normal, was the same with 4.1.2).
    Hope this helps

Regards
    11-11-2013 03:43 AM
    I am in the same drain pool. It really does go fast.
    11-11-2013 10:25 AM
    I also have experienced shorter battery life after the update. After playing around I found that is has something to do with 4G. I switched my phone to 3G only today and used it as I always do. Battery life was greatly extended. I am thinking that maybe the new 4G band that they allowed in software update is causing this problem.

I work in an area with 4G coverage but its not the greatest. I think maybe that's why some people are having battery issues and others aren't. I'm just curious if all those experiencing the higher drains if you also live in an area with sometimes spotty 4G, and if not are you working in buildings that sometimes drops 4G coverage?
    11-12-2013 09:58 PM
    I have the same problem. I have tried everything , inclufing a factory reset, but the problem is still there.
    I am not playing games , i do not use mobile data, i am always on power saver and i still have to chsrge it 2 or 3 times per day.
    Before the update i was very happy with the battery.
    Hope HTC WILL FIX THAT WITH AN UPDATE SOON!!!!
    11-28-2013 07:36 PM
    My Battery is lasting hardly for about 6 hrs. I am doing all the same activities as before update (playing game or replying on whats app). When I see battery usage most of it is used by screen. Please suggest what should I do. Before Update with the same kind of activities it was lasting for more than 18 hrs.
    12-09-2013 08:55 AM
    I'm having the same problem.. haven't changed my usage at all. The battery drains about twice as fast now, and it seems to heat up more than it ever did before. Battery analyzing apps all point to "System" as the biggest drainer. Anyone have any ideas other than factory reset?
    12-29-2013 06:55 AM
    01-21-2014 11:44 PM
    I had this problem and it turned out to be caused by my transparent clock widget, which was pinging location over and over (status bar was going crazy). Got new one and that went away,
    Still have occasional unexplained drain restart seems to clear.
    03-06-2014 11:40 AM