Verizon S4: WiFi issues on 4.3

Joneser2006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: WiFi issues on 4.3

I found the fix for my issue with wifi. Settings- Connections-Wi-Fi-Hit Advanced Settings lower left button, uncheck Auto Network Switch

Worked for me, the settings wouldn't give me a chance to log into the hotel wifi w/o shutting down the connection. Thanks!

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I've had WiFi issues since the 4.3 update. I did a factory reset to fix a different issue, it had no effect on the wifi issue.I saw that Samsung has since pulled the 4.3 update because they're investigating issues with it.

MiDoJo

May 19, 2013
Visit site

ChuckChurch

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

AT&T pulled it for the S4. There's some chatter that there may be a "fix" coming to Verizon also.

Oh good. I'm almost regretting getting my S4 last week at this point. I like the phone, but the issues with Wi-Fi are killing me. Not just missing connectivity, but when connectivity is lost, it doesn't like to unlock via PIN. It'll think about it, and maybe 10 seconds later accept the PIN. Any link to this Verizon 'chatter'? I just checked VZW's website, the 4.3 update PDF is still there.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Oh good. I'm almost regretting getting my S4 last week at this point. I like the phone, but the issues with Wi-Fi are killing me. Not just missing connectivity, but when connectivity is lost, it doesn't like to unlock via PIN. It'll think about it, and maybe 10 seconds later accept the PIN. Any link to this Verizon 'chatter'? I just checked VZW's website, the 4.3 update PDF is still there.

Here's http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/327715-samsung-galaxy-s4-android-4-3-update-issues-6.html#post3256983 where I saw a reference to Verizon today, plus I've seen a few other posts in the past week or two indicating some kind of fix may be coming from Samsung.

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site

Here is an update from me. I read in some other posts that you should factory reset your device after an over the air update. I was thinking, that has to be a PITA. (So correct!) So, with all the wifi error messages and sluggishness, I did the factory reset. You will never get back the time it takes to get your device back to what it was before the reset, but it works. No more wifi error messages and the device is back to snappy with no lag. If you have the patience and time...do it. Back up everything on your device, and don't forget favorites and notes!

Posted via Android Central App

ChuckChurch

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Here is an update from me. I read in some other posts that you should factory reset your device after an over the air update. I was thinking, that has to be a PITA. (So correct!) So, with all the wifi error messages and sluggishness, I did the factory reset. You will never get back the time it takes to get your device back to what it was before the reset, but it works. No more wifi error messages and the device is back to snappy with no lag. If you have the patience and time...do it. Back up everything on your device, and don't forget favorites and notes!

Posted via Android Central App

I tried a factory reset as well, but it didn't improve things. Wi-fi still disconnects randomly, and usually says 'obtaining IP address' or 'authentication failed' in the wi-fi settings area. Disabling and re-enabling fixes it every time.

mahler9

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

I tried a factory reset as well, but it didn't improve things. Wi-fi still disconnects randomly, and usually says 'obtaining IP address' or 'authentication failed' in the wi-fi settings area. Disabling and re-enabling fixes it every time.

Same for me (minus the factory reset). Turning wifi off, then on fixes it, but this started with the 4.3 update.

bbasra

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

I have the same issue on my HTC one after OTA 4.3 update. Factory reset hasn't fixed the issue. Only turning wifi off and back on fixes it.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Been struggling to stay connected while at a hotel. Other devices connect just fine. Even tried setting the hotel as one of "my places via WiFi" in advanced settings. Constantly getting "internet unstable" messages and connections won't work.

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

I've tried everything from updating my router, to changing router settings, to changing wifi settings on my phone. Short of doing a factory reset, I'm out of ideas. Nothing seems to work (although changing my router settings seemed to fix it for like a week, but perhaps that was just an anomaly and coincidental).

Anyway, here's the issue I have, that I seem to share with many people:

1 )The Wi-Fi will say its connected, but it won't work. Even though it says its connected, I cannot update news feeds or surf the web or do anything needing the internet. Usually I just wait for around 20 or 30 seconds and it will reconnect saying "Connected to Wi-FI network ______" and then it works fine for another 10 minutes before doing it again.

2) When I unlock my phone/wake it up, it sometimes says the "Connected to Wi-Fi network ______".

It is extremely frustrating, because I use Google Now voice commands for a lot of things, and none of them work when this happens. It's also slightly embarrassing to be showing off my phone, and ask google now to do a fancy command, only to have it sit there for a while doing nothing while it tries to load.

It did this when it had Android 4.2.2 as well, although not as frequently as 4.3 (unless I'm just noticing it more). I'm almost to the point where I'm going to disable wifi all the time and just use LTE

Here's a screen shot of the Google Now annoyance:

wifi issue.jpg

LettrMan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Having serious problems with my home wifi lately too. Now I get the question mark over the wifi icon at the top of my homescreen all the time. Even when I'm standing right next to my verizon router. It will show the Strong connection and then " saved, secured " But no connection...it will just start scanning again...... Now my data usage is going way up!!!!!

Galaxy S4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz