Clicking Some Notifications Doesn't Unlock Phone

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have this issue? Sometimes when I click a notification (ones I've noticed for sure are Facebook and Weatherbug) it doesn't unlock the phone. I have to unlock the screen and then the app will already be open and up and running.

I have just noticed this since updating to 4.3. Does anyone else notice this? And/or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Man, has no one else noticed this? My wife's S4 does it too. It's incredibly annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue after the update. Same exact deal, when I slide down the notifications window and tap on facebook messenger or weatherbug it just goes right back to the lock-screen. However once you unlock the screen those two clicked on notifications are open and running.

Man, has no one else noticed this? My wife's S4 does it too. It's incredibly annoying.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, looks like this is definitely a problem. Heard the Note 3 does it, too. It must be something with 4.3.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Bump...This seriously need to be addressed. Even with Facebook alone not just the messenger it does the same thing.

I agree completely. I think it's a bigger issue that it gets credit for. So far I've noticed Facebook, Facebook messenger, Twitter, Weatherbug. I'm sure there's a lot more. Those are just some of the main apps I use.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised that it hasn't been addressed yet. A web search yeilds one result which is this page. I've posted a link to this page on several news sites that have recent activity regarding the 4.3 update.

I agree completely. I think it's a bigger issue that it gets credit for. So far I've noticed Facebook, Facebook messenger, Twitter, Weatherbug. I'm sure there's a lot more. Those are just some of the main apps I use.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was just planning to take the lock off, or try a lockscreen app. Works for Gmail but not much else.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah, they need to get this taken care of. That's a huge pain that wasn't there before 4.3.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about this yet? This is driving me to the X now, got a MotoMaker on order. I do like my S4, but some of the quirks and issues like this just drive me crazy. I wish there would be something updated to fix this. How is this not an issue that gets more fanfare?

anon(5477192)

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Looking on several forums and nothing yet. Anticipating a new update will fix it. Certainly doesn't deter my love for the GS4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Ed LaJoie

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
On my lockscreen I have the Phone app, Messaging app, Facebook app and the Twitter app. If I swipe up they all open fine. If I hit the Home button it takes me to my Home page. Are you using a Password to open your Home page? I only swipe to get to home page. Maybe having a password is the issue.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
No, it's meaning when the screen is locked and you get a notification and you swipe down the notification bar. Clicking on the notification doesn't unlock the device in all apps. Just some of them. This worked before 4.3.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk