teathering question

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes to get it working - then you can disable it.

To disable it just enter the wrong pattern lock 5x in a row - you'll get a google message asking if you've forgotten your pattern - it will ask for your google login credentials. Once you enter that the phone is unlocked and it asks you to set up a new pattern lock. Just press the home button and bam! no more pattern lock and a working FoxFi.

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes to get it working - then you can disable it.

To disable it just enter the wrong pattern lock 5x in a row - you'll get a google message asking if you've forgotten your pattern - it will ask for your google login credentials. Once you enter that the phone is unlocked and it asks you to set up a new pattern lock. Just press the home button and bam! no more pattern lock and a working FoxFi.

Is this if you are running 4.3? I just got my S4 a week ago and minutes after I powered it up, it received the 4.2.2 update (I'm still deferring the 4.3 update). When I fired up foxfi, it asked for a quick VPN connection for a certificate. After that it works Occasionally, when I launch the app, it has to do that VPN connection and get the cert again. Is that all normal? I never set up a lock screen either. Is the lock screen trick because of the 4.3 update? Thanks!

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Is this if you are running 4.3? I just got my S4 a week ago and minutes after I powered it up, it received the 4.2.2 update (I'm still deferring the 4.3 update). When I fired up foxfi, it asked for a quick VPN connection for a certificate. After that it works Occasionally, when I launch the app, it has to do that VPN connection and get the cert again. Is that all normal? I never set up a lock screen either. Is the lock screen trick because of the 4.3 update? Thanks!
Correct it's a 4.3 thing. And yes I also get the "trust this app" popup under 4.3. And again yes - the lockscreen thing is a 4.3 issue - but can be circumnavigated.