I set up the Verizon Support and Protection app and now it's driving me crazy. Does anyone know how to undo this? I couldn't find any settings to accomplish it. I thought I had everything turned off but I am still getting notifications.
    11-19-2013 12:09 PM
    Go to the Application Manager and click on each app that is giving you trouble. Clear the cache and data then force stop the app. That should do it. If not, call VZW customer support.
    11-19-2013 12:29 PM
    I don't have an app with that name on my S4, but I have Verizon Mobile Security and I have it turned off. Perhaps it was renamed by an update.

In general, to turn off an app that can't be uninstalled go to Settings, More, Application manager, All, then select the application in question and Turn off. You will be prompted to uninstall updates first and then the app will be turned off. If the app is running at the time you may still have to Force stop it or restart the phone so that it will no longer be running.

Larry
    Floridadomer likes this.
    11-19-2013 12:29 PM
    I set up the Verizon Support and Protection app and now it's driving me crazy. Does anyone know how to undo this? I couldn't find any settings to accomplish it. I thought I had everything turned off but I am still getting notifications.
    So going to uninstall in Google Play or settings -> Manage Applications isn't working to uninstall this app?
    11-19-2013 12:30 PM
    I don't have an app with that name on my S4, but I have Verizon Mobile Security and I have it turned off. Perhaps it was renamed by an update.

In general, to turn off an app that can't be uninstalled go to Settings, More, Application manager, All, then select the application in question and Turn off. You will be prompted to uninstall updates first and then the app will be turned off. If the app is running at the time you may still have to Force stop it or restart the phone so that it will no longer be running.

Larry
    I am such a dummy. I have this bookmarked because I had the S4. I just got the note and out of habit, I came to this forum.
    Thank you for everyone help. I will still try the suggestions.
    11-19-2013 12:34 PM
    You can't uninstall the apps that came installed with the phone. You can force stop or turn them off. See Larry_F's instructions above.
    Floridadomer likes this.
    11-19-2013 12:34 PM
    Thanks everyone. I didn't really I had the option to Turn Off the application.
    11-19-2013 02:49 PM
    Thanks everyone. I didn't really I had the option to Turn Off the application.
    One more fix: go to settings / accessibility and under 'services' turn off 'support and protection.'
    05-28-2016 04:55 PM