I have had a Verizon S4 since June. Ran like a dream. Did the 4.3 update. Main problem is very erratic, sometimes no WiFi connectivity. Car charger no longer works. Knox security notifications don't stop popping up.
    The main problem is the WIFI. I know I'm not the only one by reading the forums. I have called Verizon numerous times and Samsung also. **** me off. Each and every time the technician says that this was the first he heard of the problems. I tell them to just Google it. I know ATT stopped the update today as did US Cellular.
    They sent me a replacement phone twice. Same problem as soon as I updated to 4.3 The last time, I knew I shouldn't, but kept getting pop ups every 10 minutes to do the download, so I had to.
    It is important for everyone with Verizon who is having this problem to call them repeatedly until they fix the problem. They will tell you the problem is with your router. They will tell you to reset the phone to factory settings. Don't listen to them. The problem is with the update. It is all over the Internet. Demand they fix the product, or at least revert back to the 4.2.2.
    Dave
    11-20-2013 07:45 PM
    not to say that you're blowing this out of proportion, because you shouldn't have to have 2 replacement phones in such a short time. I updated to 4.3, and the biggest issue I've had was the security update, and once I updated that, it's been gone. at least two weeks without that annoyance. my wifi works fine, battery life is the same, if not a little better. now, I've heard that Samsung is working on a fix for this, but I believe what's closer to the truth is the huge majority of the S4's out there have had little to no problems. with that said, if 5% of the S4's ARE having these problems, then the carriers and Samsung need to get it fixed, now.
    11-21-2013 11:09 AM
    I've had my VZW S4 for about 11 days now and I'm LOVING it. I'm too nervous to apply the 4.3 update with all the nightmares. I just defer it when it pops up. I hope they address these known errors. I'm annoyed that I have to defer this update... Working great, don't want to mess it up.
    11-21-2013 11:52 AM
    I've had my VZW S4 for about 11 days now and I'm LOVING it. I'm too nervous to apply the 4.3 update with all the nightmares. I just defer it when it pops up. I hope they address these known errors. I'm annoyed that I have to defer this update... Working great, don't want to mess it up.
    wow, that's got to be a pain, but I wonder when we get the upgrade to 4.4 will you be able to "skip" 4.3?
    11-21-2013 12:39 PM
    I'm having numerous problems since the 4.3 update.
    Phones sluggish it keeps rejecting Memory card. Bluetooth stops out and doesn't auto connect to car set. Hangs on connecting calls or on cancelling calls. Won't retain WiFi info and to top it off the battery has swollen. I know of the battery fault but the phone is running hotter since the update. Samsung were no help and the carrier say its up to samsung to sort. They're suggestion is to return the phone and they will re flash 4.3 but I don't see the point and wait with baited breath for an update. Looks like KitKat will be a long time coming. Which I had gone for a different phone!
    11-25-2013 11:18 AM