AOKP ROM Trouble

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. I am new to this forum and to android. But I am fairly computer literate. I majored in IT for a few years before becoming a mechanic. Enough of a background on me let's get to my problem.

I am running android 4.3 MK2 kernel on my Verizon Galaxy S4. I rooted the device and installed the SafeStrap application. I then flashed the recovery from that app and booted to it. From there I set up a room slot and activated it. When flashing ASOP KitKat Nightly and the gaps I constantly get a blank screen upon boot. I have double and triple checked the version and it's the right rom.

I am somewhat stuck at this point and I would appreciate any help because I am desprite for the vinilla Android experience. If there are any other recoveries that work better that would be appreciated to. I figured I would have to use this one because of the locked boot loader. But I've seen other people z using official versions of TWRP and Clockwork Mod that replace the stock recovery. This one doesn't somehow.

Thank you all in advance for the help. I have found the android community to be full of great people unlike the apple fans. P.S. I am back on my stock ROM slot so my phone is fully functional in the mean time.

Posted via Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
So just to update. I tried doing the Loki flash method upon looking at galaxys4root.com, but it said that v1.1 does not support my device when typing everything in terminal emulator. So at least I got a little bit closer?

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys. I am new to this forum and to android. But I am fairly computer literate. I majored in IT for a few years before becoming a mechanic. Enough of a background on me let's get to my problem.

I am running android 4.3 MK2 kernel on my Verizon Galaxy S4. I rooted the device and installed the SafeStrap application. I then flashed the recovery from that app and booted to it. From there I set up a room slot and activated it. When flashing ASOP KitKat Nightly and the gaps I constantly get a blank screen upon boot. I have double and triple checked the version and it's the right rom.

I am somewhat stuck at this point and I would appreciate any help because I am desprite for the vinilla Android experience. If there are any other recoveries that work better that would be appreciated to. I figured I would have to use this one because of the locked boot loader. But I've seen other people z using official versions of TWRP and Clockwork Mod that replace the stock recovery. This one doesn't somehow.

Thank you all in advance for the help. I have found the android community to be full of great people unlike the apple fans. P.S. I am back on my stock ROM slot so my phone is fully functional in the mean time.

Unless you have a dev edition or an original mdk build you cannot loki or flash asop aokp cyanogen . You must use safestrap. Vzw /samsung have locked it down even more. All the kernels are touchwiz based. So the only roms available to use in that case are modified based upon touchwiz. The only way is safestrap and the recovery it contains. I have found most helpful the threads over on xda. Good threads on safestrap & roms that work with safestrap. Hyperdrive rom especially. A lot of reading to do but well worth it IMHO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Unless you have a dev edition or an original mdk build you cannot loki or flash asop aokp cyanogen . You must use safestrap. Vzw /samsung have locked it down even more. All the kernels are touchwiz based. So the only roms available to use in that case are modified based upon touchwiz. The only way is safestrap and the recovery it contains. I have found most helpful the threads over on xda. Good threads on safestrap & roms that work with safestrap. Hyperdrive rom especially. A lot of reading to do but well worth it IMHO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks i appreciate the info that's good to know. I personally have always thought Verizon is a **** company, but they are the only service provider to offer LTE where I live.

When I fist bought this phone a few months ago it had a flickering screen. Samsung support said that I must deal with Verizon because in the first 15 days they are responsible which is fair. When I went to the official Verizon store they said that it was a software issue and factory reset my phone and sent me out the door. Come to find out it was still doing it, so instead of fighting with those idiots more I just waited till the 15 days were up and got it replaced by Samsung.