Do you have the Samsung App store on your device?

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
File this under things I don't really care about but just have to figure out... I have a stock VZW S4, and there is no Samsung App store. I have the Hub and all, but no App store. Nothing hidden, disabled, etc.

Does ANYone with a VZW S4 have this mythical App store from Samsung?

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly, you have to follow a link to it using the stock browser, then you can install it.

The link is in another thread somewhere on AC.

Sent from my SCH-i545

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. That explains why I've never seen the thing, since I use Opera. I'm kinda with the OP: stock VZW S4, no Samsung App store, not really bothered. :)

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
oh good grief! Thanks for the tip! So I use the default browser, search for Samsung Apps store....takes me to the Samsung support page with a big download button for the app store apk. Downloaded...it then asks me if i want to UPDATE my Samsung Apps application... so apparently this thing was on my phone but buried beyond all recognition. And now a couple of the baked in Samsung apps are updating.. I doubt I'll actually ever use the thing, but they sure did make it hard to find.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has no 'app store'. It's called Play Store and the icon should be on your primary desktop.

Samsung has a separate app store where they have things like Watch On and other proprietary apps. These are not in the Play Store

Posted via Android Central App

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has no 'app store'. It's called Play Store and the icon should be on your primary desktop.

Except Samsung DOES have an 'app store'. Very well aware of Google's Play Store and its icon. The Samsung icon is in the bottom right of the app drawer:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-16-15-24-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-15-24-38.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_2014-01-16-15-24-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-15-24-19.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 53

lurch914

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Some apps are cheaper on Samsung apps a little while ago need for Speed was free on Samsung apps but was ?2.99 on play store

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Updates for stock apps are often in Samsung Apps but not in Play Store as well, or they're there months before Play Store at times. S Voice, Polaris Office, ChatOn, etc. are all services primarily through Samsung Apps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

weedrose

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just found it yesterday completely by accident. I was trying to edit a photo I took with my S3 & it gave me 2 options "photo editor", which I didn't see previously & something else which I'd used in the past but didn't like. When I clicked on photo editor it said it wasn't installed on my device & I needed to install via Samsung app store. It made me sign in (didn't even know I had a sign in but I made it up & it accepted) then my phone shut down by itself & I thought I was screwed. Longer story, shortened... it All worked out & I now have the Sam App Store. I like photo editor too. lots of options I'll need to play with to figure out how they work. & now I'll also return to see what other apps are in there. I've been having a lot aggravation since the 4.3 update, so perhaps the answer is as simple as updating stock apps thru this means. Thanks for tips everyone!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
From my experience, it's an issue with VZW and Samsung shaking (or lack thereof) hands. I'm with VZW myself, and find issues with updates killing Samsung functionality. Whereas my acquaintences with Samsung devices in other carriers don't suffer from the same

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta