Unroot Verizon Galaxy S4

Xandor

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 running jelly bean 4.3 and I want to unroot it. I searched but am only coming up with results for 4.2.

I even searched the play store for an app that can do this but no luck. Can anyone provide a link to instructions?

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy s4 using tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unroot galaxy s4

I have a galaxy s4 running jelly bean 4.3 and I want to unroot it. I searched but am only coming up with results for 4.2.

I even searched the play store for an app that can do this but no luck. Can anyone provide a link to instructions?

Thanks

Running 4.3 with a custom ROM I'm assuming?
Flash a stock ROM via Odin and you will be unrooted and get stock recovery again :)

Posted via Android Central App

Xandor

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, forgot to post this is stock Rom. I can't even get superuser to recognize I'm rooted. I have Odin, but need help locating a stock Rom

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, forgot to post this is stock Rom. I can't even get superuser to recognize I'm rooted. I have Odin, but need help locating a stock Rom

If superuser doesn't recognize it as rooted, it's probably not. Which method did you use?

Xandor

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

If superuser doesn't recognize it as rooted, it's probably not. Which method did you use?

I am looking at the folders and seeing an exploit by Doomlord, this was back when I had the VRUAME7 build.

Actually, running SuperSU again got the message "No SU binary installed..." and talks about re-rooting after upgrading to 4.3. Further, cannot use Isis while root, but to be honest, I'm not worried about using that anymore.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I am looking at the folders and seeing an exploit by Doomlord, this was back when I had the VRUAME7 build.

Actually, running SuperSU again got the message "No SU binary installed..." and talks about re-rooting after upgrading to 4.3. Further, cannot use Isis while root, but to be honest, I'm not worried about using that anymore.

So you were rooted on 4.2.2 and upgraded to 4.3?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm guessing that broke root. Have you checked to see if you still have root access?

Xandor

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm guessing that broke root. Have you checked to see if you still have root access?

I can positively say I cannot. SuperSU has that error, titaniumbackup cannot get root access either.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I can positively say I cannot. SuperSU has that error, titaniumbackup cannot get root access either.

Then you don't have root. You can probably find the stock firmware file on XDA. Like someone mentioned above

Xandor

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

Ok, but I'm seeing an unlock icon with "custom" below it when booting up. I know that's not root by itself, but I don't remember unlocking the bootloader.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Ok, but I'm seeing an unlock icon with "custom" below it when booting up. I know that's not root by itself, but I don't remember unlocking the bootloader.

That means you tried to flash something. It tripped the Knox counter. No way to reset it on 4.3

Xandor

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

I don't remember trying to flash anything, as I didn't find anything I wanted. In any case, will have to wait until someone finds a way to reset it.

Thanks anyway!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I don't remember trying to flash anything, as I didn't find anything I wanted. In any case, will have to wait until someone finds a way to reset it.

Thanks anyway!

You tried to root it, no? That counts :-\
Sorry we couldn't get it fixed

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's just a matter of time. Gotta be patient on Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hopefully. Don't think it had to with VZW. It was the 4.3 update and Knox that messed up a lot of the things that were working before

Xandor

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Not blaming Verizon. Just meant that if you're on Verizon, you gotta be patient

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463