how can i make my s4 a hot spot with verizon

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the free version works, but there is a limit for data. The premium version is like $6 or 7

Posted via Android Central App

kfres39389

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Unlimited data. Perfect. I've got the same thing. Simply use tech_head's links to root your device. There are a couple one click options available. Depending on your current firmware, your options are probably limited. Anything after MDK cannot use the Loki exploit. This means only Safestrap is an option. Flash your rom, flash the modules for your firmware, there should be one for Wi-Fi, and one for tethering. You should be good to go after that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your plan has to have that feature enabled in order for you to use it. It usually costs extra.

Only for unlimited customers.

On Verizon it's free with a LTE plan. Works great btw too.

Only for shared plan customers. Unlimited customers they want an extra fee.

There are other ways around it (3rd party app from the Play store / or rooting).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Best way is to root the phone.

Why would say that? FoxFi works fine and does not require root.

And if you have not updated to Android 4.3, you can use PowerToggles, which is free and also does not require root.

I have unlimited data and have never rooted this phone and I used PowerToggles a lot, and now I've paid for FoxFi and use it pretty regularly. Works fine with no root. Well worth $5 or whatever it cost!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy