Unable to receive texts from my husband's Iphone 3

timskim

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Just discovered that I am unable to receive texts from my husband. I traded in my Iphone4S for the Samsung Galaxy 4 note, and liked it, until this. Someone on the Verizon thread said that this happens sometimes between a former Iphone user and Android. Any ideas for how to go around or fix? Many thanks~

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Go into settings on his iPhone and turn on SMS. iPhone's only use iMessage by default.
If that doesn't work, delete the thread that you two had from previous conversations.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just went through this when my wife switched from iPhone to android. In addition to the above recommendation, I called Apple and had them remove her iPhone from the Apple servers.

Posted via Android Central App

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Just went through this when my wife switched from iPhone to android. In addition to the above recommendation, I called Apple and had them remove her iPhone from the Apple servers.

Posted via Android Central App

This. What most likely happened is that you didn't disassociate your phone number with iMessage prior to switching (seriously, Verizon should train their folks to do this), so your husband's phone is still sending messages to you via iMessage, instead of a standard text message.

I've never gone though this myself, but I believe you can still logon to your Apple account and remove your number somehow, though it seems this doesn't always work immediately. Best course of action my be to call them, as k2ldc10 suggests. It's probably not just your husband either, you're probably not getting texts from any of your contacts that are iPhone users.

As a somewhat related suggestion, you could have your husband install Google Hangouts and use that for communication instead of SMS. This isn't a fix the text message problem (you'll still want to take care of that regardless), but just throwing it out there. Hangouts is great messaging platform...may not be as nice as iMessage (at least not in the SMS integration department), but it at least compatible with both platforms, has a lot of great features, and can be accessed from the desktop as well as your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz