What kind of SD card are you guys using? (Mine keep getting corrupted and erased)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
hey what kind of SD card are you using? I cant seem to find the right one. I just went through three in my galaxy s4. A 32gb sandisk (got corrupted and went blank AFTER WORKING FOR MONTHS). A 64gb class 10 sandisk (went blank and got corrupted in a few days, after the sandisk card). Then I just bought a Samsung 64gb class 10 sd card. I opened it and put it in the S4. I went to take a picture and it wouldnt save to the sd card. So i then went to "my files" and went through the sd card. It had a bunch of foreign symbols and stuff nobody could read. SO I backed out and went to the home page. Then boom my sd card went blank and was unreadable/corrupted. I took it out immediately after turning the phone off, and was finally able to format this one back to working condition (exFAT) on the computer. (all the other ones that got corrupted couldnt be saved; i had to toss them because they wouldnt format). So i took a picture off my computer and put it on the SD card and it worked. I then took the SD card (samsung 64gb class 10) and for the first time put in my galaxy tab 3 10.1. I was able to view the picture i took off my computer. Then i took 4 videos on the tablet. They saved, i was able to view them. Then while watching the 4th video i just made, it all of a sudden said that the video couldnt be played. SO I went to the home screen, and BOOM, my SD card went blank on my tablet?! I hooked it up to my computer just now and had to re format it again. That's twice in one day between the S4 and the Galaxy tab 3. Ive been dealing with this problem for quite sometime between the two devices. They both eat my sd cards and i cant find one that works. Is the 64gb card just tooooo much for them to handle? I'm thinking of trying a samsung 32gb class 10 next? what do you guys think? Ive never had problems with a samsung 8gb card but thats just too small. I like music and can download thousands in one day.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a 16g SanDisk and it's been fine. Last time I had that problem on my HTC it was the SD card reader and I had to get a new phone.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
With that run of luck I would have gone back to a flip phone. In the past 5 years... 1 16gig, 2 32's and a 64. I guess I have been lucky with no problems and all still working.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
hey what kind of SD card are you using? I cant seem to find the right one. I just went through three in my galaxy s4. A 32gb sandisk (got corrupted and went blank AFTER WORKING FOR MONTHS). A 64gb class 10 sandisk (went blank and got corrupted in a few days, after the sandisk card). Then I just bought a Samsung 64gb class 10 sd card. I opened it and put it in the S4. I went to take a picture and it wouldnt save to the sd card. So i then went to "my files" and went through the sd card. It had a bunch of foreign symbols and stuff nobody could read. SO I backed out and went to the home page. Then boom my sd card went blank and was unreadable/corrupted. I took it out immediately after turning the phone off, and was finally able to format this one back to working condition (exFAT) on the computer. (all the other ones that got corrupted couldnt be saved; i had to toss them because they wouldnt format). So i took a picture off my computer and put it on the SD card and it worked. I then took the SD card (samsung 64gb class 10) and for the first time put in my galaxy tab 3 10.1. I was able to view the picture i took off my computer. Then i took 4 videos on the tablet. They saved, i was able to view them. Then while watching the 4th video i just made, it all of a sudden said that the video couldnt be played. SO I went to the home screen, and BOOM, my SD card went blank on my tablet?! I hooked it up to my computer just now and had to re format it again. That's twice in one day between the S4 and the Galaxy tab 3. Ive been dealing with this problem for quite sometime between the two devices. They both eat my sd cards and i cant find one that works. Is the 64gb card just tooooo much for them to handle? I'm thinking of trying a samsung 32gb class 10 next? what do you guys think? Ive never had problems with a samsung 8gb card but thats just too small. I like music and can download thousands in one day.

That seems like you may have a HW problem with your phone. I had my SD card get corrupt, but I also noticed that it was the same time I ran my battery out and the phone died. Since I keep a lot of apps on the phone I may have been writing files at the time. That was several months ago. Now I just make sure I don't go below 10% battery life. I have no idea if the dead battery was the issue, but since I have been keeping it charged I have not had any SD card issues. I believe my card is a Trancend 64 GB class 10 card, this is the same type of card I have in my Windows tablet. I also have a SanDisk 64 GB Class 10 in my Samsung Note 8 and it has not given me any troubles.

One question on your card, how did you format the card? Did you format it in the phone or on the computer? If you used a computer, what file system did you use: exFAT, FAT32 or NTFS?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
That seems like you may have a HW problem with your phone. I had my SD card get corrupt, but I also noticed that it was the same time I ran my battery out and the phone died. Since I keep a lot of apps on the phone I may have been writing files at the time. That was several months ago. Now I just make sure I don't go below 10% battery life. I have no idea if the dead battery was the issue, but since I have been keeping it charged I have not had any SD card issues. I believe my card is a Trancend 64 GB class 10 card, this is the same type of card I have in my Windows tablet. I also have a SanDisk 64 GB Class 10 in my Samsung Note 8 and it has not given me any troubles.

One question on your card, how did you format the card? Did you format it in the phone or on the computer? If you used a computer, what file system did you use: exFAT, FAT32 or NTFS?

This thread may help you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3456323

Edit: oops, meant to quote @samsunglifestyle

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2