Verizon Galaxy S4: Turn off LTE and limit to 3G/1X

mattc12

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off or temporarily disable the 4G LTE radio on the S4? Keeping it on when it is barely used drains a lot of my battery. I would be fine with using 3G/1X to surf the web occasionally outside wifi. Thanks.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Go into Settings, up near the top section, it should say Wifi, Bluetooh, data and or more networks.... find "Mobile Network"... Inside Your options should be CDMA or CDMA/LTE... CDMA(3g) CDMA/LTE(3G/4Glte)
Galaxy-S4-Network-Mode.png

My Phone, the droid DNA, does not give you that option :( Its either ALL or nothing

mattc12

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Go into Settings, up near the top section, it should say Wifi, Bluetooh, data and or more networks.... find "Mobile Network"... Inside Your options should be CDMA or CDMA/LTE... CDMA(3g) CDMA/LTE(3G/4Glte)
View attachment 109867

My Phone, the droid DNA, does not give you that option :( Its either ALL or nothing

Hey, thanks for your quick reply. I looked at the picture and instructions you gave me, but I only have CDMA/LTE option, which still connects me with 4G LTE. I do not have the CDMA option you listed.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Well... Then unfortunately... You are stuck with LTE... After i posted that i remembered that Verizon and SPRINT phones as of recent, have stopped coming with the option to run cdma/lte or cdma because they will be transitioning to being a VoLTE Network which doesn't use CDMA/3G at all... This would be why you and i do not have the option

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
If you're on WiFi most of the time, you could turn off Mobile Data in the Notification panel (scroll right till you see it). That should turn off the LTE radio. It would still be used when you turn Mobile Data back on when you're off WiFi, but this should save some battery.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use the "advanced signal status" app, or at least I could on my note 3 before the latest update. If it doesn't work then you will need root

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably wouldn't work on the s4 with the latest update

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

jhaire08

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there any other way/app to do this. The app listed doesn't work with the newest update

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2