Traveling to London

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So I will be traveling to London this summer. I went last summer as well and I bought a pre paid UK sim card from three before I left. I was able to connect with it but I never got anything better than a 1X connection. So I was able to use chat apps like whatsapp which came in handy but really couldn't do anything else. Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm sure I had my setting correct too. Almost tempted to get the over priced verizon international plan so I can at least have a decent connection.

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
So I will be traveling to London this summer. I went last summer as well and I bought a pre paid UK sim card from three before I left. I was able to connect with it but I never got anything better than a 1X connection. So I was able to use chat apps like whatsapp which came in handy but really couldn't do anything else. Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm sure I had my setting correct too. Almost tempted to get the over priced verizon international plan so I can at least have a decent connection.

What phone are you using? Your profile says a Droid X, is that correct? That's showing up as a CDMA phone: Motorola DROID X - Full phone specifications not a dual band GSM/CDMA phone.

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
Looking at the specs for the Verizon Galaxy 4, It's has GSM/CDMA/LTE You won't get LTE because the UK LTE frequencies are not on it, but you should be able to get 3G. 3UK uses 2100 for 3G and you have it on your phone

If it happens again, go to a 3UK store when you're there, maybe they have to activate something with your SIM to get 3G data.

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the specs for the Verizon Galaxy 4, It's has GSM/CDMA/LTE You won't get LTE because the UK LTE frequencies are not on it, but you should be able to get 3G. 3UK uses 2100 for 3G and you have it on your phone

If it happens again, go to a 3UK store when you're there, maybe they have to activate something with your SIM to get 3G data.

Ok thanks!

Posted via Android Central App