05-27-2014 04:10 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    To those of you with SD card issues, Google has not disabled the SD card and they have not hobbled it (actually they have a bit, but...). What was done was that apps now have to register for permission on the card and they are only allowed to use what they are registered to use. I use my SD card all the time and I have had no issues what so ever with my SD card. I have heard that there are several apps that have not been updated to access the SD card properly and so they make it seem as though the SD card was trashed. Hopefully, the devs of these apps will quickly issue updates to take care of the issues. If you have data on the card, you can place the card in a reader and attach it to a PC and get your data off the card, but you will still have to wait for the devs to update their apps for the functionality to come back for those apps. Overall, this was done to stop (or hamper) some malicious apps that were designed to mine data from your sd card. Now an apps says this is what I need access to and that is all that they get. This is good from a security point of view, but from a user's standpoint you now have to use default directories more than you did before. Anyway, I hope this clears things up a bit.

BigRedGonzo
    tvouge, STSVA and bluzman like this.
    05-20-2014 09:56 AM
    Like some others I was having overheating issues. In my case GPS was set to GPS only. After switching it to High Accuracy I am not seeing the issue anymore... Go figure.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    My phone is overheating while using maps and high accuracy was already on. Any other ways to cure this problem? The phone keeps going to cool down mode.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-20-2014 06:08 PM
    After completing multiple cache clears and two FDR battery life still half and volume still has a mind of its own.
    Same here. I finally got the message to download the update. Now my volume is not as loud as it was. What's weird is when I initially hit the play button for the song, it is louder for a second, then lowers itself. This is not with the headphones. Haven't tried them yet. I did multiple cache clears, but no factory reset yet. Gonna see if I fully charge it after draining it down, then pulling the battery for more than 30 seconds will fix things. I've never done a factory reset and dread trying it and not have it fix things....ugh!
    05-21-2014 05:25 PM
    A factory reset is nothing to be scared off. Just back up your stuff as if your getting a new phone. As long as you let the reset run its course (no battery pull while it sets itself up) its fool proof.

05-22-2014 03:53 PM
    A factory reset is nothing to be scared off. Just back up your stuff as if your getting a new phone. As long as you let the reset run its course (no battery pull while it sets itself up) its fool proof.

This is my first "smart phone", and I've never had to back anything up before. I have never even backed up anything on my laptop....lol. When you backup your phone, where does the info/data go? All of my music/photos are on my SD card and I don't have many Contacts, but I believe they are backed up on the "backup assistant plus". How do you retrieve your contacts from b.a.p. after the FDR? I can just pull my SD card with no worries about that, just not sure how to get my contacts back. I can just spend some time during the weekend getting the rest of the phone back to where I want it. Just want to know I can get my Contacts back and do you have to install KitKat again after the FDR? Thanks!!
    05-22-2014 05:27 PM
    This is my first "smart phone", and I've never had to back anything up before. I have never even backed up anything on my laptop....lol. When you backup your phone, where does the info/data go? All of my music/photos are on my SD card and I don't have many Contacts, but I believe they are backed up on the "backup assistant plus". How do you retrieve your contacts from b.a.p. after the FDR? I can just pull my SD card with no worries about that, just not sure how to get my contacts back. I can just spend some time during the weekend getting the rest of the phone back to where I want it. Just want to know I can get my Contacts back and do you have to install KitKat again after the FDR? Thanks!!
    Your contacts should be linked with your Google account--- you won't have to do anything to get them back. Just log in with your google password during the setup. You won't have to pull the SD card either--- a FDR doesn't touch it, just the internal memory. The FDR essentially formats your internal memory, then installs a fresh and clean ROM. Since you're on kit Kat, that's what it gives you. So you won't have to redownload it and go through all this trouble again.

angermgmt20 likes this.
    05-23-2014 12:55 PM
    Your contacts should be linked with your Google account--- you won't have to do anything to get them back. Just log in with your google password during the setup. You won't have to pull the SD card either--- a FDR doesn't touch it, just the internal memory. The FDR essentially formats your internal memory, then installs a fresh and clean ROM. Since you're on kit Kat, that's what it gives you. So you won't have to redownload it and go through all this trouble again.

Thanks, I'll probably try it out tomorrow. The wierd thing about the volume with my music is that it seems like the music I downloaded onto my SD card from my computer that was copied from my CD to a Windows Lossless Audo files, seem to be the ones that have lost volume. The ones that were MP3 files seem to be the way they were before the KitKat update. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but, we'll see.
    05-23-2014 07:21 PM
    My cell is getting hot and getting the warning message. Also, the 4G at home was great before latest Kitkat update, now it is unstable.
    05-25-2014 08:23 PM
    My cell is getting hot and getting the warning message. Also, the 4G at home was great before latest Kitkat update, now it is unstable.
    Well, have you cleared the cache or tried a factory reset yet?

05-27-2014 12:37 PM
    I just had a "hot" event. Internal temp on a few different apps said 102F. Since wakelock no longer functions I couldn't see what was causing it. But Battery Monitor Widget had the current at 2.6A (2600ma) and my battery went from 75% to 40% in about 10 minutes. I did a reboot and that didn't fix it. I did a battery pull and then a cache clear and that seemed to work. First time since I've owned the phone I've had a heat issue.
    05-27-2014 04:10 PM
85 ... 234