kit Kat update watch on issue

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Once I updated to kit Kat the unlock screen has an annoying watch on widget. I can't figure out how to disable this without disabling the whole app. I can't find anything in settings. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen pics of this on some other forums. I've spent above half an hour trying to replicate this issue. No dice. I did discover that you can have the watch on remote added to your notification bar though, nifty. Anyway, the other post that had this issue solved it by..... doing a factory reset.

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know if this was done by Samsung on purpose. Hopefully I won't have to do a factory reset. I just disabled the app but I like using the remote once in awhile.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't be scared of the factory reset! It's good to clean up the device once in awhile. :) BTW, I hate Verizon bloat, but the new cloud app is nice-- you can back up your call logs and messages to the cloud. Between that and g+ backing up my photos, the only thing I lose is my home screen setup, but that's like 5 minutes.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
On the lock screen, swipe left to right across the clock. That should get you into "Widget Mode" on the lock screen. Tap and hold the Watch On widget and drag it to the Trash Can. That should take care of it.

BigRedGonzo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1