KitKat stock email app for reading Yahoo mail: sync issue

dlin95123

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the stock email app for reading Yahoo mail. After the KitKat upgrade, there seems to be a sync issue. Before the upgrade, if I read the Yahoo mail on my desktop PC, the mail would show up as read on Samsung S4 stock email app. After the upgrade, these read emails still show as unread on the S4 stock email app. This is a bit inconvenient.

Is there a way to sync the email read status better?

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You may need to look at the settings to adjust the update time. Sound be on push but I haven't used a yahoo account myself.

Posted via Android Central App

dlin95123

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. But it is probably not an update time issue. If I delete an email message on desktop Yahoo mail, the message on S4 will get deleted as well. It is the message that I read on desktop Yahoo mail will still show unread on S4. I did not have this problem before the KitKat upgrade....

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Your message modes defiantly depend on your updates being consistent. Just a thought. Your choice to try or not

Good luck

Posted via Android Central App

dlin95123

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I found the root cause of the problem. The KitKat upgrade changed the settings of the stock mail app. Before the upgrade, I had the setting for syncing 2 weeks of email. The upgrade changed the setting to all mail. Since I have a large number of email, it was very slow to update the email read status.

I changed the setting back to 2 weeks. Problem solved.

dwaldman84

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Worked initially upon first change but not ongoing. Problem persists. Seems when it does a "full" sync it catches everything buy not a "refresh"

Last edited:

marriedgeek

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Came here to say I have the exact same problem as you do. All this happened after the kitkat update. Have you been able to fix it since? Thanks.