GS4 stuck on Verizon boot screen

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hoping someone can help. My GS4 just randomly restarted and keeps getting stuck on the Verizon page. I tried a battery pull. Didn't work. I've tried a battery pull and micro sd card and sim card pulled. Still nothing. I've done a factory reset several times (hold power + vol up button + home). Didn't work. Tried wiping the cache, didn't work.

I ended up taking the phone to Verizon. They inspected it after taking out the battery. Couldn't find anything so they said they are sending me a new phone via FedEx. Problem is that it won't come until Tuesday. I'm wondering if there is anything else I can try. I really don't want to be without my phone for two days. Thanks in advance.

Phone is not rooted and has the latest update from Verizon.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
One thing you could try and it being that you've got the time anyway, pull the battery and leave it for a few hours. Worth a shot.

Posted via Android Central App

tabs31

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to me about 6 weeks ago. Booted into safe mode. Tried clearing system cache and then tried a factory reset. Neither worked. Verizon had to send me a replacement device. The tech at vrz said that it was most likely a corruption of the software.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Tabs, did your phone suffer any damage prior to the possible software corruption? I've had my phone since June 2013. In August of that year, it fell while I was cycling (wasn't secured properly on the bike holster) at approximately 20 mph. The screen was damaged and there were scratches along the sides. The actual phone still worked (I could hear phone calls and texts and could actually answer a phone call by pressing the home button), but I had to have the touchscreen replaced by a phone repair shop (Squaretrade warranty). Phone worked fine after that and now this happened out of the blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention that I did try booting again after taking out the battery overnight. Tried it twice and still nothing.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Got my replacement phone yesterday. All they sent was a refurbished unit with no back cover, no battery. After activating the phone and restoring backups, the phone has done a random boot twice in the last 12 hours that I know of. I used the phone for two hours before installing the 4.2.2 update and it didn't reboot prior to the update. Not sure if this is because of the refurbished phone or the update. Other than that, it works fine.

kfres39389

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You have to revert back to stock 4.3 using Odin. There are three downgrade files you need; and need to flash them using the AP button in the following order: generic downgrade first, then the system downgrade, then the cache downgrade. You can reroot and upgrade back to KitKat. Or use Kies for a more stable option.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith