Random reboots - refurbished phone

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I received a refurbished replacement to my GS4. The previous phone was stuck on the Verizon loading screen despite attempts to factory reset, clear cache, etc.

After all of my apps were restored, I downloaded the 4.4.2 update. Since then, the phone has randomly rebooted several times a day. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I've had it reboot while using different apps (Facebook, Beyond Podcast, Instagram). It has rebooted while using Chrome on different websites. It has also rebooted when I wasn't even using it (I could see it boot through the Samsung screen, then Verizon).

I've Googled this issue and tried various possible solutions:

-clear cache and reboot
-try different memory card (was using a Samsung class 64g class 10, then went back to my Amazon Basics 32g that I was using on the first phone with no problems)
-checked battery for defects (didn't find any after spinning it on a table to see if it bulged)
-turned off Google Books and uninstalled updates (I don't use it anyway on my phone)

None of these solutions offers a permanent fix. I don't think it reboots as much (first day it did it about eight or nine times that I know of, now five or six). I'm wondering if there was anything else I could try or should I go back to Verizon and ask for another replacement. Thanks.