Wifi disconnects and reconnects continuosly

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
There is a setting under WiFi>Menu>Advanced>Auto Network Switch. Do you have that enabled? It is designed to switch you to the strongest data stream available. My son and I did a little investigation and found that if your WiFi signal changes by one bar (and walking around out house, that happens constantly) the autoswitch kicks in and switches you to Carrier Data. As soon as that signal drops by one bar, it will switch you back. Unchecking the checkbox, disables the "feature." You may want to check this before fixing your IP address.

BigRedGonzo

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe this is limited to the Galaxy S4. My HTC one M8 is doing the same thing, SO AGGRIVATING. if it were just the notification sin the status bar that would be one thing, but no. Every time it does it, it disconnects me from whatever I'm doing. If I am in the middle of an RDP session and it cycles like that, I lose my RDP session, I lose my VPN, and it all has to be reconnected only for it to do it again 5 minutes later.

I have tried so many things to fix this it isn't funny. Toggled all settings in my advanced Wifi settings, static IP address, multiple different Wireless channels, different wireless networks, even just had a new phone shipped to me directly from HTC. It is absolutely ridiculous and absurd how bad this issue is, yet it seems only a handful of people experience it.

Of COURSE at Verizon on their hotspots the wireless connected just fine and never dropped. Go figure. It was literally the only wireless network I have been on yet that didn't drop me. I just don't get it. I don't like it. It is the only thing I don't like about my phone. the iPhone held wifi like a champ. This android is really upsetting and disappointing me.

Porbably a bug in android, not an issue with your phone.

ddavtian

May 28, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me on home network on both Android tablets and on iPad, once every few days. I restart the router (from tablet), problem goes away for few days.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

its4harish

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I also have the same problem. Wifi disconnects and reconnects continuously in my LG G3. I think it is related to some software installed. There was no problem earlier and when the problems persisted I did a factory reset. Everything was working fine. Then I used the LG backup to load all the backed up data including all the earlier installed software. Then the problem again started.
Does anybody know which app is causing the wifi to connect and disconnect continuously?
The problem is not serious while watch youtube videos due to streaming. However, when i make calls through internet or if i am listening to internet radio then I clearly know that it is disconnecting every 1 minute or so.
Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

marlon61_2

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I also have this problem. I have four Aruba APs that are supposed to automagically hand off devices from AP to AP via a central controller. This used to work for me; i.e., I didn't constantly get the messages "Connected to xxx". I'm not sure it is because I am walking around my house because I think it happens when I am sitting in one place for a while. To add to the confusion, I have a weak Verizon signal and the phone switches between 3G and 4G throughout the day. I'm not sure this is relevant though as I don't have the check box ticked to look for the fastest connection. I have a rooted Note 3.

All of my families other devices don't seem to have this problem. This has been happening to my Note 3 for quite some time but it doesn't normally affect the use of the phone. However, recently I was skyping with my brother and I needed to walk around the house to show him things and my wi-fi kept disconnecting and reconnecting which made Skype not work so well to say the least.

rkohlin

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Wifi on my sch-i545 always worked fine, & esp better after the ng6 update (which I put off for weeks, reading the boards to make sure it was ok before I allowed the OTA update). I was gait it didn't do some awful things to mine that it evidently did to a few other models...

Then I accidentally allowed the nk1 update OTA on xmas eve.
Arrrggghhh!

Nothing but problems since!
I seem to have very strong wifi signal, but my phone constantly drops/reconnects, and I cannot connect to internet sites at all. (Have to use mobile network, which would be ok, but I find that at a certain point, Verizon cuts me off, "internet has stopped" & the tab/page/crashes. Not acceptable.

Have tried so many things, (xcpt reset - that is not an option nor answer (altho the helpful folks at Verizon have no other answer), besides, I've read of many people doing this, & it doesn't make a diff, just costs hours of time/effort for the same result).

I've even tried setting my router to static channels (vs auto) - I'm convinced it's the dang phone, not the router - all was more than fine till this last nk1 4.4.2 update. Arrrgh!

Anyone know a way I can revert to the most previous ng6 update?!!

I've been hunting on the boards -
Only found dirs for rooted phones - I really don't want to root my phone...

Hope someone can help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance