How can I control my s4 from my computer?

Cdallmeyer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
So my s4 screen is completely black and won't turn on at all. The touch screen is unresponsive to any touch and doesn't display anything. My s4 isn't rooted and I don't have any apps installed on it that would let me control it from my computer. I know I could connect my s4 to another s4 screen, but I don't have another s4 right now. I'm receiving very important texts and calls about my work, but have no way to read or respond to any of them. I'm getting a replacement phone next week, but it's pretty crucial to my work that I can use my phone ASAP. Is there any way to control my phone from my computer under these circumstances?? Any advice or help is welcomed and appreciated!

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
So my s4 screen is completely black and won't turn on at all. The touch screen is unresponsive to any touch and doesn't display anything. My s4 isn't rooted and I don't have any apps installed on it that would let me control it from my computer. I know I could connect my s4 to another s4 screen, but I don't have another s4 right now. I'm receiving very important texts and calls about my work, but have no way to read or respond to any of them. I'm getting a replacement phone next week, but it's pretty crucial to my work that I can use my phone ASAP. Is there any way to control my phone from my computer under these circumstances?? Any advice or help is welcomed and appreciated!

I am not entirely sure the Android OS allows this, but try LogMeIn as I believe they have the option to do remote control- failing that you can emulate your device on AirDroid or some other alternative app. It all comes down to what you want to do with this- send SMS or actually control it?

If you just wish to emulate an Android OS try Bluestacks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you had Team Viewer, LogMeIn, a VNC server, MyPPhoneExplorer or any other program like that already installed on your phone, you could use them. But if you don't, you can't install them and set them up without a working screen.

As far as the important emails, connect any email program on a computer or laptop to the same account. Read and answer them from there for now.

Texts are more difficult - see if your carrier's tech support people can trigger the "text-to-email forwarding" function from their end. (You can return a text using their SMS portal - some of them are listed here.) If not you can buy a cheap phone (there's a Tracfone for $10) and have your number forwarded to that number until you get your new phone.