Samsung Galaxy S4- will not charge

Jon Tanner

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I have only had my phone for about 4 months now and last night, I plugged my phone in before I went to bed and it had 20%. When I woke up this morning it had only 50% and it was not charging. I unplugged it and plugged it in again and nothing would happen, no vibrate or anything. I have tried different chargers and they will work for 10-15 seconds before not charging. My charge port is not bent and doesn't have dust in it, battery looks fine, never damaged phone, never dropped it. My phone finally died and when I went to charge it, there was a short vibrate but after 15 minutes when I went to turn it on, nothing would happen, nothing would show up on the screen.

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The charging port sometimes gets dust stuck in the parts that the charger uses to latch into the charging port (at least that is what I am hoping is wrong with mine). I have seen videos on Youtube which talk about the problem. Good luck!

channyfaith

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Alright, I’m so pissed right now. I bought a new Galaxy S4 last year, and it lasted me for a whole year without any problems until the charging port started going wonky on me, and my phone wouldn’t charge. I ended up getting it to work again, but I was worried it would completely quit on me and I still have to keep this phone for a whole other year, so I filed an insurance claim. (I had taken it to Verizon first, but they couldn’t help me, and gave me a little insurance claim booklet thing instead.)

So I filed the insurance claim, (you have to pay 90 some dollars, and if you don’t send your old device back in a certain amount of time they make you pay even more money) and I got my phone the next day. They also send you a new SIM card, charger, and battery. I’ve had this new phone for maybe two weeks, and the charging port already seems to be broken again. I thought maybe it was because I was still using my old charger since they let you keep all that other stuff, but when I tried using the new charger it wouldn’t even go in my phone.

Now I love my phone, but apparently a lot of the Galaxy phones, or maybe just Samsung phones in general are doing this. When I took it to Verizon this one man thought I had an S5 apparently, and he said a lot of them were doing that and that Samsung was trying to fix the problem, but until then they were giving out new chargers that worked somehow. (obviously once they realized I had an S4 they couldn’t help me anymore, because the charger only goes with the S5)

I’ll probably try contacting the insurance place, but until then I’ve bought this thing on Amazon that charges the phone’s battery once you’ve taken the battery out of the phone. I’ve got two batteries now also, so hopefully it works well for me. And if all these phones have wonky charging ports, then I don’t see a point in trying to get it fixed or replaced if its’s just going to break again.

Edit: And now any time I plug my charger in to see if it will work, it makes this weird noise, almost like it’s frying it. ugh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance