"Message not sent"

PhobicCarrot

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been having significant problems sending/receiving SMS since the KK update. When I attempt to send a text (using Hangouts), it just sits there with the "sending" message, and after a minute or so, gives me a notification that the message was not sent. This happens usually if I am on 4G, but sometimes when on WiFi too. During this time, I cannot rec any SMS either.

Anyone else experiencing the "message not sent" error?

Solutions?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

amyinva

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well. The most recent "workaround" I've found is to put the phone into Airplane mode, then take it out -- that seems to get the text out of limbo. I'm assuming it's a KitKat bug since so many are experiencing it since the last update.

jay7246

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I realize this is months later and not super helpful but I was looking into this when I gave up and called Verizon Technical Support (who calls customer service for this stuff? They're just gonna try to sell you things...) Went through everything from are you sure it's an actual phone number you're texting to clearing all data for messaging. All this to get to someone at Tier 2 who told me it's a known issue with the 4.4.2 update on Verizon's network that affects some but not all S4s. Verizon's solution is to install the Verizon Messages app as a temporary fix to the problem until either a patch or new update is rolled out.

Not sure if that's a Verizon end thing or Android or Samsung. I'm not happy with it, I like the default messaging app, but I need texting for work so I'll make due in the mean time. But with the issue going on for months... This is crappy.

(For the record, I just started having issued 4 August, but it looks like the problems started back in May)

badjujumatt

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue every single day. I have pulled the battery, soft reset, factory reset, etc...tried almost everything. I even tried to uninstall "hangouts" but the S4 wont let me, i can only force stop it. I refuse to be forced into a workaround....we pay a lot of $$ for these ridiculous things (probably sound like an old man there ha!).

I realize this is months later and not super helpful but I was looking into this when I gave up and called Verizon Technical Support (who calls customer service for this stuff? They're just gonna try to sell you things...) Went through everything from are you sure it's an actual phone number you're texting to clearing all data for messaging. All this to get to someone at Tier 2 who told me it's a known issue with the 4.4.2 update on Verizon's network that affects some but not all S4s. Verizon's solution is to install the Verizon Messages app as a temporary fix to the problem until either a patch or new update is rolled out.

Not sure if that's a Verizon end thing or Android or Samsung. I'm not happy with it, I like the default messaging app, but I need texting for work so I'll make due in the mean time. But with the issue going on for months... This is crappy.

(For the record, I just started having issued 4 August, but it looks like the problems started back in May)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power