S4 is soft bricked. HELP PLEASE?!

sessions124

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
So I have a Verizon Galaxy S4 and I rooted it yesterday. It was working fine and I went to download an app for it and as the app was doing it's thing it went to reboot my phone. After that my phone wouldn't boot up past the "Samsung Galaxy S4" screen in the very beginning. I tried doing a reset via the reset menu. That didn't work. Then I started searching online this morning and found something about using ODIN and having to download the stock TAR file for it. I did that as well as I already had the device drivers installed on my computer. I ran ODIN with the correct ROM. I kept getting the "fail" code from ODIN that someone else was getting on this forum. So then I downloaded Kies from Samsung in hopes that I could do it that way beings I was getting the phone--yellow triangle--computer screen. Now my computer won't recognize my phone so I can't do **** to it anymore to fix. It turns on, I can access either the yellow triangle screen or the droid screen to install a custom OS, but I can't do **** to it beyond that. I'm so lost on what to do now in order to fix this. Can ANYONE please help me?!

twister8008

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
So I have a Verizon Galaxy S4 and I rooted it yesterday. It was working fine and I went to download an app for it and as the app was doing it's thing it went to reboot my phone. After that my phone wouldn't boot up past the "Samsung Galaxy S4" screen in the very beginning. I tried doing a reset via the reset menu. That didn't work. Then I started searching online this morning and found something about using ODIN and having to download the stock TAR file for it. I did that as well as I already had the device drivers installed on my computer. I ran ODIN with the correct ROM. I kept getting the "fail" code from ODIN that someone else was getting on this forum. So then I downloaded Kies from Samsung in hopes that I could do it that way beings I was getting the phone--yellow triangle--computer screen. Now my computer won't recognize my phone so I can't do **** to it anymore to fix. It turns on, I can access either the yellow triangle screen or the droid screen to install a custom OS, but I can't do **** to it beyond that. I'm so lost on what to do now in order to fix this. Can ANYONE please help me?!

I had this very thing happen. I accepted the loss, and then remembered I had a square trade contract. $75 later I have a phone being shipped to me. :)