Proper way first time

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. So for several reasons I am going to do a factory reset on my Unrooted Galaxy S4. I do not want to miss anything so I am asking for some guidance. What exactly should I do in order to make this as painless as possible. Now I have several apps on the SD card. I do believe I can figure out how to backup up on my PC with Kies. My concern is about the apps, their data and how things are split on the memory of the phone between the internal storage and the SD card. Again, before I pull the plug I just wanted to make sure I do everything correct in order. Thank you for your help in advance.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a problem with apps. Move them all to your sd, or as I do, just go back to the market when your done, click "my apps", then click "all". Every app you've ever downloaded is there. The only problem I've run into is make sure that any pics in your "camera" folder are moved to another folder. The camera folder is on the internal memory.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Jd thanks, now you are saying to move all to SD? I thought we are supposed to move all to internal memory? Or can I have some in internal memory and some on the SD at the time of reset? As for pics Google + seems to have all of my pics including the ones in the camera folder. Would you mind clarifying? Thanks.

~Joe ~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC