01-09-2015 09:15 AM
133 ... 23456
tools
    I'm now having WiFi connectivity issues. It's fine on my wifi at home, but it won't connect to public WiFi that I have previously been able to connect to with no issues.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S4
    I contacted Samsung Support on Twitter. They had me power down the phone, pull the battery and leave it out for at least two minutes, and then replace the battery and power up the phone. It seems to have helped. VZW contacted me on Twitter and wanted me to do a hard reset, but I decided not to since it seems to be better now.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S4
    10-27-2014 06:27 PM
    I've not had the sudden reboot issues that some people have had after updating. But I have noticed a slightly faster battery drain. And occasionally a bit of a lag when scrolling in some apps.

More importantly, after NG6 update ES File Manager, X-plore File Manager, & Solid File Manager no longer write to extSD card. The update broke Dev's workarounds that allowed them to write to extSD on KitKat 4.4.2. I've notified Dev's but have little hope they'll find another workaround.

Anyone else have this issue after update?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-28-2014 02:47 AM
    If you read the posts on the VZW S4 Community, https://community.verizonwireless.co...sung-galaxy-s4, you will see that there are post after post complaining about the issues with the NG6 update. VZW's answer is the factory reset, which nearly all users say doesn't work. Delay the NG6 update as long as you can. You'd think VZW/Samsung would trouble shoot these updates before pushing them. I have had various problems with every S4 system update since I got the phone.
    P Flores likes this.
    10-28-2014 11:19 AM
    Factory reset fixed all my issues, but now the battery life sucks.

It's their secret way of forcing us to upgrade to a new phone, issue an update with bugs in it that **** us off enough to buy a new phone. For me, with unlimited data, that's not going to happen.
    10-28-2014 01:05 PM
    Use Odin to refresh the previous version.
    10-28-2014 01:29 PM
    As a update to my last post it appears my issues went away after 3-4 days. As you can see when my phone hit 28% the battery life all of a sudden got better. I went about a day and a half after it hit 28% without a change.

Not sure what happened.
    Attached Thumbnails Newest Verizon update for Galaxy S4-2014_10_27_22.34.44.jpg  
    10-29-2014 10:57 AM
    Spyke562, did you end up doing a factory reset prior to it finally stabilizing?
    10-29-2014 11:12 AM
    Hey Tabs, no i did not...in fact I didn't do anything. I was just getting frustrated about my battery life after the update and finally started to do something about it. Then later that night (after 3-4 days of bad battery life) it started working just fine.
    10-29-2014 11:30 AM
    I've had the update for about week now without any real problems. I'm not a fan of the way the Location (gps) works now. A few apps that worked fine without turning on location now require location to be turned on. Otherwise, all is good.
    P Flores likes this.
    10-29-2014 12:27 PM
    I loaded the new update on Sunday. It said to allow 15 minutes. My phone was down for 3 1/2 hours and became extremely hot. It drained my battery completely. Since then my phone restarts on its own several times a day, loses my Internet connection and drops calls. I also don't have missed call notifications. I strongly recommend not loading this update which is really thumbs down.
    P Flores likes this.
    10-29-2014 06:19 PM
    I'm also finding rapid battery drain and freezes and lags. Not having the reboot issue - I suppose I should be grateful for something. I also don't like the new location app - another person commented on this too. Things that used to work without GPS on now require it. Another battery killer!
    10-30-2014 11:24 AM
    This update REALLY sucks! Causing lots of problems with my phone - random reboots, battery drains, and it appears my external SD card keeps unmounting (won't show in EZ File Explorer unless out unmount and remount in settings), which also f**ks up my music apps as they lose the ability to see my music on my sd card (only music on internal) and all my playlists have like 0 songs now. Really messed up.

And on my biz trip this week, my battery went from 60% off the train to 1% in like 3 hours with minimal use. I used GSam Battery Monitor and it showed 'Gallery' took like 40% battery! That's really messed up. I really do not want to do a hard reset as I have 96 gb of stuff (64 card, 32 internal) and that's a MAJOR pain to set everything back up from scratch. Ugh!!! Verizon better fix this soon!!!
    10-30-2014 05:07 PM
    I had trouble with the update as well. Eventually, I used Odin to go back to NC5, then used Kies to download and update the firmware. Then I used Odin to turn back the kernel and rooted using towelroot and then returned back to the new kernel. All seemed well until i rebooted during a phone call. had a couple of other reboots, so I removed all root apps, unrooted and did a factory wipe and reset and all has been well for two days. No reboots, no battery drain.

Now that I posted some success, I expect I will have problems as others have had after they posted success.
    10-30-2014 11:41 PM
    I just went back to NC5 and will never accept another update with the doing some serious homework first.
    jrh4054 and P Flores like this.
    10-31-2014 10:38 AM
    Having all the same problems as everyone else. Did resets and reflashed NC5 did the update through kies and I'm currently having no problems except. Battery drain . Maybe they pushed a ****ty update to make android L seem that much better lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
    P Flores likes this.
    10-31-2014 10:48 AM
    wiped the cache and doing a 'wipe data / factory reset' now...

Happy Halloween
    10-31-2014 06:13 PM
    I got the NG6 update a few days ago. Ever since, my phone has been very "glitchy" . The biggest issue is that it's now, for lack of a better term, sticky. It doesn't lock up, but will take the phone a few moments to accept my input (type, swiping screens, etc ). Basically, it's like the touch screen now takes a moment to decide to respond. When swiping screen to screen, it's just annoying to all of a sudden end up 5 screens past where you want to be, but typing has become almost impossible! I have restarted my phone numerous times with no difference.
    Anyone else seeing this issue???
    11-01-2014 08:19 AM
    How do you go back? This update is driving me crazy!
    P Flores likes this.
    11-01-2014 08:20 AM
    And why, why, why do I have to "accept" the GPS agreement every blessed time I turn it on???
    jimbl likes this.
    11-01-2014 08:24 AM
    The gps/location change is the biggest pain in the ******* *** I've experienced so far. Almost thrown my phone out the window multiple times.
    jimbl likes this.
    11-02-2014 02:56 PM
    Is there a way to rollback without being rooted?
    11-05-2014 08:36 AM
    Reflash nc5 with odin

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2014 11:32 AM
    i had many issues after NG6 update from sporadic reboots to apps crashing, slowness... i know a full reset would have probably fixed it but who has time to re-install all the apps and get all my settings, wallpaper, pages, mail etc... back to my preferences? i had a bunch of the bloatware and forced apps on my verizon s4 disabled and decided to let them all come back on and update. no reboots or apps crashing after that. now to get all this wasted space back? i also lost the (very important for my job and speediness) 2 line preview in the android mail app used for corporate exchange activesync mail and still haven't been able to get that back. would appreciate any advice or help with that. on my iphone i could at least backup all my apps and settings and just recover without much fuss. i know im gonna get **** for this but as awkward as i used to think ios was i still miss my iphone. anyone iphone haters with a verizon 5s they want to get rid of? **** who am i kidding, i would probably take a 4s, lol
    11-05-2014 08:24 PM
    And why, why, why do I have to "accept" the GPS agreement every blessed time I turn it on???
    i turn gps off by habit also hoping to get battery life and sick of seeing that damned popup every time...
    jimbl likes this.
    11-05-2014 08:27 PM
    Now that I've had the update a while my biggest problem is battery drain. Previously I had no problems getting through a work day, about 9 hours, with about 40-50% battery left. Now at the end of a work day I'm usually in the 0-20% range.
    11-10-2014 04:09 PM
133 ... 23456