Newest Verizon update for Galaxy S4

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone received the latest update for the S4 on Verizon? Keep reading about it all over the interwebs but not seeing anyone who has received it yet. Build number is KOT49H.I545VRUFNG6

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just a few minor fixes it says. Hoping it will fix the reliability of text messaging for me. If you do a Google search for the build it will go to the official press release from Verizon

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll find out tonight because I live in a remote area with spotty coverage. It only seems to act up when wifi is on

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Installed the update and all went smoothly. Everything appears to be functioning well as before the update.

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I too downloaded the update. I believe it has fixed the issue of the notification on the Samsung calendar resetting itself upon a restart. I have restarted twice and the notification has remained off.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S4

dlin95123

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
@silverfang77: when I did the software upgrade, it also hang in the last step. I waited half an hour and had to pull the battery to boot it up. I cleared the cache as well. But it did not help.

So I had to erase everything and started from scratch. It seems to work fine after that. But hours and hours of time....

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine is rebooting randomly, usually during app usage, such as this one, Words with Friends and Pandora. Sometimes out if the blue as well.

jallis71

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I received the new update for the S4 today and it is just a bug fix. It is not an upgrade ie 4.4.4. It still says 4.4.2. Guess we will have to wait for the new Android L later this year.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I installed the update this morning. All went well. But I have one issue. I enter a pin to unlock the phone. When I receive a text it used to show a banner on the lock screen saying 'message'. That no longer shows up. I still get the small notification icon at the top of the screen.

UPDATE: of course after posting this, it worked like it has in the past!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited: