Newest Verizon update for Galaxy S4

tharockstar007

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I received replacement phone with NG6 already on it. I'm not having any reboots at all. I'm getting Cooling Down in notification panel about twice a day and I have to charge it 3 to 4 times a day. Battery draining quick. Any suggestions would help

lankymo

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
After I updated my phone I experienced forced reboots and extensive battery drain. At first I just assumed that there would be an emergency fix since it was so bad. When the problem started effecting my performance at work then it became more than an annoyance.

I pay premium for this phone and I am receiving poor service from both the manufacturer and Verizon. The worst part is that contacting them is a usually a waste of my time and essential will cost money. How many of you bought new batteries or paid to get a replacement phone? Screw that.

I ultimately decided to do a hard reset. And as others have mentioned is just another disruption of service while I paid premium for the phone. This is not a budget phone and though it's outdated we paid premium. After the hard reset the rebooting stopped for the most part. The exception being Pandora. I downloaded no applications. Just used the ones that were on my phone after factory reset. Pandora always drained my batter or reset my phone. Unplayable, I uninstalled Pandora....yet another service disrupted. Lucky I am not currently subscribed to its premium service.

I still get battery drains real bad. It ruins my phone experience. I want compensation but I know I'll just get more grief if I Contact Verizon. I'll hear the same stupid talking points....

I'm disgusted that I pay for premium service on a premium phone and its pretty much garbage now because of a lousy update.

I rarely get motivated but I am. From now until my contract is up my goal is to turn 5 people off of Verizon a week. I can get out there and get it done. Work saw what Samsung and the android platform can bring to the table first hand. Will be easy to convince them of the unreliable software being released by Samsung.

Kirk Johnson2

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon, Basically your screwed if the update messed up your phone and you dont have the extended warranty. There final soloution? Have samsung inside best buy reinstall android OS, and if that doesnt work they want me to send it to Samsung can you imagine LOL.

jrh4054

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Bankokbob54, you're very lucky, and in the minority by far, not to have problems with the NG6 update. I'm delaying it as long as I can.

jrh4054

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
To reinstall your apps, on your computer go to your account on the Play Store website. It shows all the apps, you've installed, including ones you've deleted, on your phone. You can reinstall them directly to your phone from this site.

MoneyBags007

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I biffed and touched "install now". I now have the NG6 baseband version. Lost control of using GPS independently (and conveniently). Navigation was the first deficiency I have noticed.

jone5425

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else been having issues with their s4 powering off by itself, then after booting it back up manually the battery reports it has drained ~30%? It has done this multiple times over the last week for me. The battery indicator then basically trickles up in % during use - eventually catches up to where it should be.

I've already done a factory reset recently after the original update.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I biffed and touched "install now". I now have the NG6 baseband version. Lost control of using GPS independently (and conveniently). Navigation was the first deficiency I have noticed.

I "biffed" too. I went to press a button and the nag screen suddenly appeared a split second before my finger hit the screen. The phone started to shut down, I was livid.

So much so I ripped off the Otterbox case then the back and dumped the battery out. I knew this wouldn't work as others have tried. I waited 30 seconds of so looking at the phone in disgust. I put it back together and turned it on. It immediately turned back off and the install started up again. 10 seconds later a screen came up "Update Failed" The phone proceeded on it's way with the boot and when it stopped I had no more icon in the corner indicating an update awaiting. I waited a while expecting it to show and nothing. Here it is the next morning and still no update icon. I think I've circumvented it. I expect if I reboot the phone it will show again. But for now, no nag screen

Puffi

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
To everyone here, I have a quick question. I am still running Android version 4.4.2 and have NC5 as my baseband version. My phone wants me to do the newest software update, but I am extremely skeptical. If I choose to take the software update, can anyone tell me what version Android would be? And would it upgrade me to NG6? Many thanks to whoever can answer.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The upgrade will take you to NG6. If you don't want it root your phone with Towelroot. Then download SuperSU and then rename SDM.apk so it can't download anymore updates.

We Love Ryan Higa

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
i got the update about a month ago, did it as soon as i could (should have researched before!) and since then it reboots about 20 times a day? more?

so i was peed off and did factory reset (i reaaaally didn't wanna do this...my last resort because calling, texting became difficult and slow!) so it took 2 whole houra to get everything back and my settings up to my liking.

3 days later BAM it starts rebooting. it just started rebooting now, it's on its 2nd one now.

what. the. heck. i bought the phone February 2014 with £450 pay as you go. i want my MONEY BACK! i bought it online from EE.

what do i do?

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have to ask: Is anyone with the update using FoxFi? does it still work? have been postponing update every night for weeks now. a real p.i.a.

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I also downloaded and installed the update from yesterday. I've been unplugged since 5:45 this morning and I'm at 27% battery. Much much better than before.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else been having issues with their s4 powering off by itself, then after booting it back up manually the battery reports it has drained ~30%? It has done this multiple times over the last week for me. The battery indicator then basically trickles up in % during use - eventually catches up to where it should be.

I've already done a factory reset recently after the original update.

That is the main problem I had with the update. I had a few other minor issues. I finally broke down and did a factory reset. I did the update about a month ago and so far the phone is working great.

rcca

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I just got the update today to, I think its the fix update for KitKat. so that's a total of 2 updates on KitKat since I got KitKat so far. Everything is going okay so far just do a little more testing. I used to decline the updates but since my phone is been successful on the updates I figure what the heck just go for it.