Verizon S4 not doing anything

portejw

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I was running a Stock Rooted MK2 Verizon build with TWRP. Now that there is a way to Root NC5 I thought I'd upgrade to that. Upon trying to flash the Stock Verizon NC5 via Odin, it failed. Now, when I turn it on, it's stuck in the Firmware error. Kies won't recognize it. I've trying going into download mode and flashing several different builds via Odin, but they all eventually fail - some right away, some about 90% through the "system" flash in Odin.

I've spent about 2 hours so far digging around online, but came up with nothing. Even people with similar issues have gotten it to work via Odin. Am I just missing something stupid? I moved my SIM to my backup S3, but would really like to get this S4 up and running again. Anyone able to at least point me in the right direction?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I was running a Stock Rooted MK2 Verizon build with TWRP. Now that there is a way to Root NC5 I thought I'd upgrade to that. Upon trying to flash the Stock Verizon NC5 via Odin, it failed. Now, when I turn it on, it's stuck in the Firmware error. Kies won't recognize it. I've trying going into download mode and flashing several different builds via Odin, but they all eventually fail - some right away, some about 90% through the "system" flash in Odin.

I've spent about 2 hours so far digging around online, but came up with nothing. Even people with similar issues have gotten it to work via Odin. Am I just missing something stupid? I moved my SIM to my backup S3, but would really like to get this S4 up and running again. Anyone able to at least point me in the right direction?
Try different USB ports on the computer and re-download the files. See if that helps.

I would probably recommend uninstalling everything (Odin, drivers, etc.) and start fresh. Let us know how it goes.

portejw

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Still nothing. I've tried several versions of Odin and several different Stock Builds (including a One-Click MDK build) - every single one fails. Different USB ports, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc