I was trying to download my pictures and videos (about 1500) to my laptop. After it was finished I noticed it said there were over 8000 items. When I looked at some of them they were pages of a magazine that I had viewed on my phone. I obviously didn't look at all the items but I'm guessing it's everything I've ever viewed on my phone. My phone is saying I have over 6GB of photos saved and I'm thinking that it's mostly my viewed pages. Anyone have this problem and/or know how to fix it?
    11-22-2014 08:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Most of those are likely cached thumbnails. See what happens if you go to the browser and clear your browsing history. You could also use a file manager to go to /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/, and delete the .thumbnails folder--but be aware that a bunch of those thumbnails will be re-created, based on your cloud photo gallery and other websites or apps that cache thumbnails.

If you don't want to download all of that stuff to your computer, then avoid using Windows Explorer's "Import Pictures and Videos" function, because that will import all images, including thumbnails. I would just select the photos or folders manually, then drag and drop them to your hard drive.
    TeritorialDemon likes this.
    11-23-2014 02:21 AM
    J

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-28-2014 09:45 AM