Trying to install CWM to install Resurrection Remix on Verizon GS4

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Phone Specs:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon
Model: SCH-1545
Andriod Version: 4.4.2

Ive been trying to install clockwork but so far no luck...ive attempted to use loki method but i get something like loki does not match the device using terminal emulator, odin straight up fails and safestrap says its in installed but i only see the stock recovery. Ive moved on to install rom manager and i see the samsung logo with a lock that is unlocked but the recovery is still stock.

Ive spent a couple days on this so i feel its time to get direct help if anyone's up for it, and thx if give this a read and decided to help

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Phone Specs:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon
Model: SCH-1545
Andriod Version: 4.4.2

Ive been trying to install clockwork but so far no luck...ive attempted to use loki method but i get something like loki does not match the device using terminal emulator, odin straight up fails and safestrap says its in installed but i only see the stock recovery. Ive moved on to install rom manager and i see the samsung logo with a lock that is unlocked but the recovery is still stock.

Ive spent a couple days on this so i feel its time to get direct help if anyone's up for it, and thx if give this a read and decided to help
Have you checked XDA? I know there were some issues with rooting/installing Recovery's on Samsung devices running 4.4.x, and not sure if it's been installed. It might be due to Knox 2.0, if that is installed onto your device via updates.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You're installing both Clockwork and Safestrap (which is TWRP) on the same device? Somehow I don't think that's going to work. I have Safestrap running fine on 4.4.2 (on a Note 3) and there's no need for CWM unless you like mixing nandroid backups and driving yourself crazy.

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
You're installing both Clockwork and Safestrap (which is TWRP) on the same device? Somehow I don't think that's going to work. I have Safestrap running fine on 4.4.2 (on a Note 3) and there's no need for CWM unless you like mixing nandroid backups and driving yourself crazy.

i removed safestrap and still had on rim manager but still no difference in that regard