Phone Specs:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon
    Model: SCH-1545
    Andriod Version: 4.4.2

Ive been trying to install clockwork but so far no luck...ive attempted to use loki method but i get something like loki does not match the device using terminal emulator, odin straight up fails and safestrap says its in installed but i only see the stock recovery. Ive moved on to install rom manager and i see the samsung logo with a lock that is unlocked but the recovery is still stock.

Ive spent a couple days on this so i feel its time to get direct help if anyone's up for it, and thx if give this a read and decided to help
    11-26-2014 12:31 PM
    Phone Specs:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon
    Model: SCH-1545
    Andriod Version: 4.4.2

Ive been trying to install clockwork but so far no luck...ive attempted to use loki method but i get something like loki does not match the device using terminal emulator, odin straight up fails and safestrap says its in installed but i only see the stock recovery. Ive moved on to install rom manager and i see the samsung logo with a lock that is unlocked but the recovery is still stock.

Ive spent a couple days on this so i feel its time to get direct help if anyone's up for it, and thx if give this a read and decided to help
    Have you checked XDA? I know there were some issues with rooting/installing Recovery's on Samsung devices running 4.4.x, and not sure if it's been installed. It might be due to Knox 2.0, if that is installed onto your device via updates.
    11-26-2014 05:52 PM
    You're installing both Clockwork and Safestrap (which is TWRP) on the same device? Somehow I don't think that's going to work. I have Safestrap running fine on 4.4.2 (on a Note 3) and there's no need for CWM unless you like mixing nandroid backups and driving yourself crazy.
    11-26-2014 06:13 PM
    You're installing both Clockwork and Safestrap (which is TWRP) on the same device? Somehow I don't think that's going to work. I have Safestrap running fine on 4.4.2 (on a Note 3) and there's no need for CWM unless you like mixing nandroid backups and driving yourself crazy.
    i removed safestrap and still had on rim manager but still no difference in that regard
    11-26-2014 09:07 PM
    Have you checked XDA? I know there were some issues with rooting/installing Recovery's on Samsung devices running 4.4.x, and not sure if it's been installed. It might be due to Knox 2.0, if that is installed onto your device via updates.
    Its was xda where i got the safestrap from....
    11-26-2014 09:08 PM
    Is the boot loader locked or encrypted?

From an AOSP M8
    11-26-2014 09:15 PM
    Is the boot loader locked or encrypted?

From an AOSP M8

Not sure if i can determine that, do u know how?....and if it helps i rooted the s4 using towelroot
    11-26-2014 09:53 PM
    Not sure if i can determine that, do u know how?....and if it helps i rooted the s4 using towelroot
    I don't know how to confirm. I am going by the fact that Verizon has a history of encrypting bootloaders to reduce changes to the OS.
    11-26-2014 10:07 PM
    I don't know how to confirm. I am going by the fact that Verizon has a history of encrypting bootloaders to reduce changes to the OS.
    ive been searching but haven't found a solution yet but ill keep looking n see in some hrs after some sleep....
    11-26-2014 10:46 PM