lollipop for s4 for verizon

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got our lollipop updates yesterday on both Vz S4's. So far all seems to be working. Once small glitch was it dropped the phone from my Nova Launcher homescreen dock, and replaced it with the little green android guy, that said app missing. I removed that, and dragged the phone back there and all seems ok, for now. But I'll be on the lookout for some of these issues. I use the Gmail app, so hopefully wont have the email issues. I also use an app called LED indicator, that lights up different color lights on my dark screen, so I know if I have a missed call, new text, or new email.

Oh the joys of new OS ;)

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My phone downloads the update and fails to install. .. tried several times. .. no luck. Any suggestions?

Make sure you are on either a strong wifi or a strong 4glte signal. If you are trying to download the update on a weak signal, that could cause it to fail

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got our lollipop updates yesterday on both Vz S4's. So far all seems to be working. Once small glitch was it dropped the phone from my Nova Launcher homescreen dock, and replaced it with the little green android guy, that said app missing. I removed that, and dragged the phone back there and all seems ok, for now. But I'll be on the lookout for some of these issues. I use the Gmail app, so hopefully wont have the email issues. I also use an app called LED indicator, that lights up different color lights on my dark screen, so I know if I have a missed call, new text, or new email.

Oh the joys of new OS ;)

Is that LED indicator app on Google play? Can't seem to find it by your description. Care to post the link to it?

sparks3229

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The update dropped the phone widget from my app drawer, too, on Nova, I had the little green android guy, First I was nervous, but then deleted him and put the phone icon back there.

My Light Manager app gives me different colored lights where the usual light notification is ...does yours light up your whole screen?

Last edited:

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The update dropped the phone widget from my app drawer, too, on Nova, I had the little green android guy, First I was nervous, but then deleted him and put the phone icon back there.

My Light Manager app gives me different colored lights where the usual light notification is ...does yours light up your whole screen?

It just lights up either color dots, or very small icons that move around the screen every few seconds to prevent screen burn. The little icons are tiny different images so you know if its mail, text, voice mail, missed call. You set the colors and you choose which operations to activate with a light. I've used it for years and love it

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
OMG you actually agreed to let that thing into your phone? Did you see the list of permissions that thing wanted. Thanks for the link. But no way no how.
I've used it thru 3 phones, never had a single issue. It needs access to all those services so it can turn the lights on when info comes to the phone.

May 10, 2015
Visit site
It never did it before, I mute the phone at night and put phone in vibrate at church, but when I turn the sound back on, the volume is way down. It doesn't seem to be all the time. Most days when I wake up and put sound on, it's ok.

May 10, 2015
Visit site
That's the last thing I want to do. I would have to redo all my accounts on the phone. Also, doesn't that uninstall all but the original apps?
BTW, after being on mute all night, the volume setting is still there. Seems random. The phone has been rebooted several times too. I have an extra battery and shut down the phone before changing it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Why is my post waiting on a mod? And this one isn't?
Hi Joe!

The forum often times flags posts for a closer look. Doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the post. But perhaps something caught it's attention and it wants a closer look by a Moderator to make sure it's a legitimate post and not spam.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

bdmoss

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the problem with the volume being lowered since the lollipop upgrade. I've missed several calls lately and when I look at the ringtone volume it is all the way down. This NEVER happened before the upgrade.

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Yep! That's what I said. I haven't figured what I might be doing to cause it, so it seems real random. I always check the ring volume now, especially if I'm expecting a call. I hit the up button after unlocking to check it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781