My power button has died. I've taken it to Verizon to look at and they say it's a hardware related issue. I'm not due for an upgrade until the Spring so I'm going to see if I can keep this thing semi-working until then.

In the meantime, since my Power button is completely non-functional, is there any way to reassign it so I can still take screen shots? Currently the Power button is needed for that, but it's not producing any currency when pressed, so I can't even use it for that. I've gone to the Google Play store to see if there were some apps that let you do this and maybe I didn't look hard enough but the 3 or 4 that I tried all required you still use the phone's built in method of taking screen shots for their apps. I got the feeling the rest were the same so I gave up looking.

But I'm wondering if there might be some way to reassign buttons so that the power button isn't needed for screen shots, or maybe there is an app out there that lets you do this sort of thing and I just didn't see it. Was hoping somebody might know something.
    01-31-2015 11:49 AM
    If you root I'm pretty sure you can do that. I'd check into the xposed framework for that functionality. Without rooting I don't think this is possible.
    01-31-2015 04:47 PM
    Recently, I've seen a couple of cell ph repair stores inside the shopping malls; mainly for repairing broken screens. They might be able to examine and fix your phone.
    02-01-2015 11:14 AM
    For screen shots, turn on motion & put a check for swipe to capture i believe it all the way at the bottom. Use that hand swipe to screenie also u can download app xalled gravity sensot so face down turns off flip it it turns back on.
    02-08-2015 06:21 PM