Duplicate information in contacts

djungst

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I recently had phone problems and somewhere in the fix, I developed a problem. I now have duplicate information in my contacts file. This is not duplicate contacts but duplicate information. Each contact has 2 phone numbers, 2 emails, etc. Can anyone give me guidance on what the easiest fix might be?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently had phone problems and somewhere in the fix, I developed a problem. I now have duplicate information in my contacts file. This is not duplicate contacts but duplicate information. Each contact has 2 phone numbers, 2 emails, etc. Can anyone give me guidance on what the easiest fix might be?
Go into your contacts application and open the menu. There should be an option to display Google contacts or phone contacts, select Google and see if that eliminates the duplicate information.

Let us know if you have any questions.

djungst

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This did not eliminate the duplicate information. It does hide some of the contacts depending on which "Contacts to Display" that I choose but, when I open a contact, there is duplicate information. I am not seeing duplicate contacts but duplicate information associated with a specific contact. Duplicate email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, etc.

RedDawgEsq

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. Some contacts, particularly older ones that might have been imported during switch-overs to new or replacement phones have multiple phone numbers, addresses, emails, entered notes, etc. But when the edit mode is entered, only one entry in each category is displayed and the duplicated entries cannot be deleted. The only thing I can see to do is copy down the "correct" information, delete the contact entirely and manually create a new contact. This will take literally HOURS. This is CRAZY! FIX IT!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay