Verizon S4 frozen?

August59

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
S4 is frozen in "Task Manager" screen and has been for 2 hours. "Power", "Home Screen" or "Volume" button has any effect at all ( even when held down for 15 seconds). The screen is also non responsive as well.

Is my only or first option to remove back and remove battery? If so, will any data be lost?

This the first time in 1 1/2 years that it has frozen. The phone has not been "rooted" and is completely "Verizon"!

Thanks!

P.S. - For the last 2 - 3 months I have been randomly getting a splash screen stating "Touchwiz has stopped" - "Ok". I have to hit "Ok" to keep going, but it appears to work perfectly fine after this too

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try pressing and holding Power for 20-30 seconds--sometimes you have to keep it down for a while to force a shutdown.

Otherwise, pulling the battery should be fine. If it's frozen like that, it's not writing any data to internal storage or the SD card.

After you've rebooted, consider wiping the system cache partition: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Theoretically possible to lose data if you were in the middle of updating a file, but doubtful. I've never had an issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae