Since upgrading to to Lollipop, on my VZW Galaxy S4, I'm not getting any notifications of new emails. No LED light blinking, no icon in the status bar, and no other kind of alert. I worked with a VZW tech on the phone and confirmed (what I already knew) that all of the appropriate settings appear to be correct.

The only way I know that I have new emails is the little 1, 2, 3, or whatever, that appears on the email icon on the home screen.

If I receive an email through the Gmail app, I get my sound and vibration alerts with no problem.

Any ideas?

(FWIW, supposedly I should be able to access sound profiles by using the volume rocker switch, but that switch simply turns the volume up or down. One time, and one time only, since upgrading to Lollipop, did I see some other kind of menu/screen pop up when I tried the rocker, but never again...)

Thanks.
    Ken
    05-02-2015 05:13 PM
    Since upgrading to to Lollipop, on my VZW Galaxy S4, I'm not getting any notifications of new emails. No LED light blinking, no icon in the status bar, and no other kind of alert. I worked with a VZW tech on the phone and confirmed (what I already knew) that all of the appropriate settings appear to be correct.

The only way I know that I have new emails is the little 1, 2, 3, or whatever, that appears on the email icon on the home screen.

If I receive an email through the Gmail app, I get my sound and vibration alerts with no problem.

Any ideas?

(FWIW, supposedly I should be able to access sound profiles by using the volume rocker switch, but that switch simply turns the volume up or down. One time, and one time only, since upgrading to Lollipop, did I see some other kind of menu/screen pop up when I tried the rocker, but never again...)

Thanks.
    Ken
    So if Gmail is working fine, which Email app isn't? I don't see where you say. If it is K9, they just released and update with the fix.
    05-02-2015 06:32 PM
    It's the native email app. Thanks. All was well before Lollipop.
    05-02-2015 06:36 PM
    It's the native email app. Thanks. All was well before Lollipop.
    If you have not already, go into app manager and clear cache for that app, then do a one minute battery pull.
    05-02-2015 06:39 PM
    Already cleared the cache. Didn't try the battery pull. Will do. Thanks.
    05-02-2015 06:59 PM
    Didn't work for me until I wiped both cache AND data... key is to clear both. Unfortunately this wipes your email account(s) so you'll have to re-enter your pop or imap server settings. YMMV... good luck
    05-09-2015 12:27 AM
    ryans7700, How do u reenter pop setting? I'm afraid to clear data.
    I don't know what to do afterwards to get everything back.
    05-12-2015 05:56 PM
    Ryans7700... It worked thank you!
    05-20-2015 12:55 PM
    Didn't work for me until I wiped both cache AND data... key is to clear both. Unfortunately this wipes your email account(s) so you'll have to re-enter your pop or imap server settings. YMMV... good luck
    06-13-2015 12:29 PM
    Worked for me. Cleared cache and data and pulled battery for 1 minute. I now get my notification sound from the email app. Shouldn't have to do this. Can't believe there isn't a fix for this!
    06-13-2015 12:32 PM