For the past two years I've had an entire home screen filled with the built-in calendar events widget, (was previously labeled "Calendar 2 x 3" in the list of available widgets), but after installing the Lollipop update yesterday, this widget is no longer available.

Can anyone recommend a similar replacement for this widget? It needs to pull events from my Google calendars.

I'm currently trying out the Event Flow Calendar Widget

The following screenshot is over a year old, but hopefully good enough to illustrate what I'm looking for.

Calendar Events Widget Gone After Lollipop Update-screenshot_2013-09-04-10-14-59.jpg
    05-08-2015 08:32 AM
    I was just searching for an answer to this as well. did a little searching (admittedly, not much at all), and stumbled across "Calendar Widget" by "+1 Labs" (I would link it, but I kinda JUST made this account)
    and it seems to work nicely. It's a bit painful to look at by default, but after playing with the settings a bit, I found a setup I liked (solid black BG, "light" color notifications, dark widget header, some stuff like that).
    It blends in decently with lollipop's style - a few inconsistencies, but I can get over it, and interfaces nicely with the calendar app: title bar brings you to "today" in google calendar, tapping the event brings up the details.
    It even has icons to show if an event has a reminder or location associated with it - something I didn't know I was missing until now.
    Widget starts as a 4x2, but you can resize it from 2x1 to 4x4
    05-08-2015 02:10 PM
    I also used the Samsung Calendar widget, sized 4x2 with KitKat, and had it disappear and found it no longer available after I took the Lollipop update. I tried the new Mini Today widget and did not like that since it only showed the schedule for one day at a time. I installed the Google Calendar from the Play Store, and that gave me a widget that acts as I want, showing multiple days of schedule. And although I cannot size it as 4x2, I can live with the 2x3 size.

Larry
    05-08-2015 02:55 PM
    I just joined so can't post links. to access widgets menu, press and hold a blank space on home screen and menu comes up. a google search for android lost widgets shows how to do it
    05-08-2015 09:42 PM
    I was just searching for an answer to this as well. did a little searching (admittedly, not much at all), and stumbled across "Calendar Widget" by "+1 Labs" (I would link it, but I kinda JUST made this account)
    and it seems to work nicely. It's a bit painful to look at by default, but after playing with the settings a bit, I found a setup I liked (solid black BG, "light" color notifications, dark widget header, some stuff like that).
    It blends in decently with lollipop's style - a few inconsistencies, but I can get over it, and interfaces nicely with the calendar app: title bar brings you to "today" in google calendar, tapping the event brings up the details.
    It even has icons to show if an event has a reminder or location associated with it - something I didn't know I was missing until now.
    Widget starts as a 4x2, but you can resize it from 2x1 to 4x4
    Thanks, I'll look into the widget by "+1 labs" if the "Synced Synapse" widget lets me down.
    05-11-2015 08:33 AM
    I just joined so can't post links. to access widgets menu, press and hold a blank space on home screen and menu comes up. a google search for android lost widgets shows how to do it
    Thank you for the info, but I'm not having trouble finding/adding widgets in general. Rather the widget I want is no longer available.
    05-11-2015 08:35 AM
    12-28-2016 05:10 PM
    Thanks so much, I wiped my calendar of in a second of finger flurry. Aaahhh!! I forgot, or food I never know where they're all hidden now.
    12-28-2016 05:12 PM