email not syncing/updating since Lollipop

laurabward

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Since this stupid Lollipop thing, my Hotmail/Outlook email won't sync anymore, I've tried all the settings, tried "push" "manual" and "every five minutes," and even when I hit the refresh button, it won't update. So now I have to get my email on the browser instead. Really irritating.

laurabward

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This isn't happening to ANYONE else but me??? I've tried everything. Don't want to factory reset. But I could've done without this new update.

haangy

May 31, 2015
Visit site
My S4 Active quit syncing my work email (exchange activesync) after the Lollipop update, but only on my home or public wifi. It still works fine on work wifi, and on 4G. It won't connect to the server at all on my home wifi, or public wifi. I drug out my old Captivate Glide with Android 2-point-something, and my work email still syncs just fine over my home wifi on it, so it's not a change made to the server by my workplace. I've already tried deleting the account, powering down, and adding it back, to no avail.

haangy

May 31, 2015
Visit site
If anyone still cares, I fixed it on my S4 Active. It was one of two things; I did both at once, and it's working fine, so I'm leaving it alone. I use Straight Talk, and I deleted the proxy under the APN settings. Also, I changed the wireless network type from "WCDMA preferred" to "unknown." email now syncs without issues on any network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol