I have hunted for this issue, but haven't found anything. I may be getting my terminology wrong, but here goes.

On my lock screen, I use PIN authentication. After a week or two, all the numbers and letters begin to show as just white blocks. it will happen to just a few, at first, but then spread to the rest of them in short order.

In the past, I reboot and it is fixed, but I would love to not have to do that.

Anyone seen this before? Anyone know of a solution?

Lock Screen Issue-win_20150602_112536.jpg
    06-02-2015 02:33 PM
    Did you, by any chance, download the font to your SD card or something like that? If not, try sticking to the default font for a couple days (or as long as it takes for you to normally see the issue) and see if that helps. Might be a corrupt font file or something going awry with the font engine.
    06-02-2015 02:35 PM
    I definitely changed the font from the default, but I'm not sure if I moved it to my SD card. I will check that first and then move back to the default font and see what happens.

Thanks!
    06-02-2015 02:39 PM
    Spook, is there an app that runs the fonts, or is it just a font file that is loaded on the device?

I changed to the default font and the issue spread to my notifications after I'm logged in. I rebooted the device and everything is back to normal. I will wait the prescribed amount of time and see if this works.

One more question - if it comes down to it that the font is corrupted, is there a download I can get that will restore the files, or am I looking at a wipe/restore?

Thanks!
    06-02-2015 03:09 PM
    Hi there,

The font should be a file that is downloaded and applied, nothing too fancy. Where it resides, however, I couldn't tell you. There are apps that modify the font, but I believe these require root or some other trickery. You can, however, download more fonts from both Samsung's app store and Google's.

If it keeps happening even after maybe downloading a brand new font, then I would guess something in the system got corrupted (not just the font file) and yes, the most logical course of action would be to do a device wipe
    06-03-2015 07:38 PM