Lock Screen Issue

Jerrbert

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have hunted for this issue, but haven't found anything. I may be getting my terminology wrong, but here goes.

On my lock screen, I use PIN authentication. After a week or two, all the numbers and letters begin to show as just white blocks. it will happen to just a few, at first, but then spread to the rest of them in short order.

In the past, I reboot and it is fixed, but I would love to not have to do that.

Anyone seen this before? Anyone know of a solution?

WIN_20150602_112536.JPG

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you, by any chance, download the font to your SD card or something like that? If not, try sticking to the default font for a couple days (or as long as it takes for you to normally see the issue) and see if that helps. Might be a corrupt font file or something going awry with the font engine.

Jerrbert

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I definitely changed the font from the default, but I'm not sure if I moved it to my SD card. I will check that first and then move back to the default font and see what happens.

Thanks!

Jerrbert

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Spook, is there an app that runs the fonts, or is it just a font file that is loaded on the device?

I changed to the default font and the issue spread to my notifications after I'm logged in. I rebooted the device and everything is back to normal. I will wait the prescribed amount of time and see if this works.

One more question - if it comes down to it that the font is corrupted, is there a download I can get that will restore the files, or am I looking at a wipe/restore?

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

The font should be a file that is downloaded and applied, nothing too fancy. Where it resides, however, I couldn't tell you. There are apps that modify the font, but I believe these require root or some other trickery. You can, however, download more fonts from both Samsung's app store and Google's.

If it keeps happening even after maybe downloading a brand new font, then I would guess something in the system got corrupted (not just the font file) and yes, the most logical course of action would be to do a device wipe :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci