OTA Aug 20, 2015 system update i545vrugof1 issues

SSZero

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Literally just updated my phone to i545vrugof1 and now, every second, I keep getting the "Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." message over and over. I can only do things in between clicking "Ok", so essentially my phone is somewhat bricked thanks to this update. I've managed to restart it a hand full of times, tried a factory reset, and nothing has changed, which leads me to believe it's either a google related app that keeps crashing (like google play, gmail, etc.), especially since every restart shows a "Android is upgrading... Optimizing app 1 of 2" then 2 of 2, then "Starting Apps." Once my phone gets to the home screen and I unlock it, it's right back to the error with the "Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." message repeating every second. Serious and extremely frustrating misstep by Google. Please help if anyone can as I would be very much appreciative.Thanks.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just trying to be helpful, so please don't take any offense from this. I realize that you said you have tried a factory reset, but how did you do the reset? Did you do it from the recovery menu or from the settings menu from within Android? If you did it from within Android, I would try it from the recovery menu. When you did the reset, did you clear the cache also? If not, you may want to try that. If a reset doesn't work, it would almost certainly have to be an app that is the issue. Keep us informed of your progress.

BigRedGonzo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2